Allure of the Seas - The Must Dos

If you want to see the comedy show make sure you book tickets!

Maybe consider the Park Cafe for lunch on the 1st day... Try their famous beef sambo!

Sometimes they have offers for Chops on the first night of the cruise... If you want to eat there, I would keep an eye out for this.

The tutti salad on seas days in the main dining room is great!

Cflower - didn't know you had to book for the comedy show too...

Yes I have heard about their famous roast beef.. That is a must for me :)

Thanks!!

On the subject of the roast beef. The time between about 1pm when the rooms become available and before Muster. No lines!

If you want to see the comedy show make sure you book tickets!

Maybe consider the Park Cafe for lunch on the 1st day... Try their famous beef sambo!

Sometimes they have offers for Chops on the first night of the cruise... If you want to eat there, I would keep an eye out for this.

The tutti salad on seas days in the main dining room is great!

Not to delve too far off topic but just a heads-up in the name of cross-cultural relations, while I understand the word "sambo" is often used as slang in Ireland for sandwich, you may want to be careful using it. In the US, especially, it carries a far different meaning and is a racial epithet directed at people of African descent.

That said, going on Oasis in under a month I think I might definitely try to get my wife away from Windjammer for lunch to get the sandwich.

Subscribing as we'll be on this ship in April too.

Not talking from experience, but our Must-Dos are:

• see Mamma Mia and Aqua shows
  • see ice shows (night and How to Train Your Dragon)
  • see Blue Planet and Headliner (i.e. we love shows)
  • see DreamWorks parade (we're coming with kids)
  • H2O Zone
  • rock climbing
  • mini golf
  • zipline (not sure if our kids can participate)

Other possible items:

- FlowRider (if I/we get the nerve)

- fountain shows

- DreamWorks breakfast

- comedy show

Edited by LuCruise

Does anyone know if on the Allure there are cones and/or bowls for the frozen yogurt? I was going to bring along toppings (sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, mini oreos, etc) for my kids. Sort of a "make your own sundae" surprise kit.

Thanks for all of the must-do tips! We're going in November so I really appreciate all of the info!

Does anyone know if on the Allure there are cones and/or bowls for the frozen yogurt? I was going to bring along toppings (sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, mini oreos, etc) for my kids. Sort of a "make your own sundae" surprise kit.

Thanks for all of the must-do tips! We're going in November so I really appreciate all of the info!

You can just pick up a couple of cereal bowls in the windjammer, which is very close to one of the yogurt machines.

Not to delve too far off topic but just a heads-up in the name of cross-cultural relations, while I understand the word "sambo" is often used as slang in Ireland for sandwich, you may want to be careful using it. In the US, especially, it carries a far different meaning and is a racial epithet directed at people of African descent.

That said, going on Oasis in under a month I think I might definitely try to get my wife away from Windjammer for lunch to get the sandwich.

Didn't realize and yes as you said, a sambo in Ireland is indeed a sandwich! Apologies

Subscribing as we'll be on this ship in April too.

Not talking from experience, but our Must-Dos are:

[*]see Blue Planet and Headliner (i.e. we love shows)

I recommend Blue Planet from one of the front rows in the balcony. Easier on the neck than the front rows of the main floor because of the aerial acts.

We will be on the Allure in November of this year for our first time but my family of four cruised Oasis previously. Not that it matters, but we too are African American. I would definately do the zipline onboard, and book the zipline in Haiti. The first time we saw the zipline we were on the Liberty of Seas and was too chicken to do it then. But when we started seeing people flying through the air, we said no matter what we are going to do it next time. If you do the zipline onboard it will take alot of the fear and anxiety out of doing it on the island.

I would definately do the flowrider. It was sooooooo fun. We recorded each other trying and falling off. Just make sure your wife wears a one piece or a very secure bathing suit, due to the water pressure.

We enjoyed all the shows and the comedians. What's helpful in general, is to troll cruise critic the cruise compass dailies for similiar itineraries close to your date or before you book. You don't want to book a Chops Grill on Lobster night in MDR or when a show is going on. So you can easily plan your nights in advance without missing out on something.