Caribbean Princess B702 or C619

jascal

Is anyone able to tell me which of these two cabins would be a better choice? I would prefer to be on starboard as we are planning a Canada / New England cruise however wondering if there are lifeboats below that would obstruct view to the water?

When looking directly down from Baja, you will see Caribe deck as it is larger, and then below that Dolphin Mini suites also sticking out forward. WE usually prefer Caribe deck for the larger balcony. Life boats not in view from any of those decks.

Recently in C619 on the Crown (sister ship) for our Alaska cruise and loved it.

On Caribe Deck, people above you can look down on you if you are lounging in the uncovered portion of the balcony, or standing at the rail. People often comment on this "problem" as it relates to Dolphin Deck cabins, but rarely mention it with respect to Caribe. But as noted in a post above, this issue applies to Caribe as well. If this lack of privacy is a concern, either stay in the covered portion of the balcony, or choose a cabin on Baja. If this is not an issue for you, then Caribe is by far the better choice. As for obstructed views of the ocean and lifeboats, you will not see the lifeboats from either deck. But in neither case do you have a "straight down view" of the water. For that, you have to move down to Dolphin Deck (and get a Mini-Suite). The Dolphin Minis, (and the few Minis on Emerald Deck) are the only cabins with "straight down" views of the water from a starboard side cabin. That said, you can see plenty of unobstructed water from either Caribe or Baja. Putting your money where my mouth is, if it were me, I would book Caribe.

D626 port side mini suite. looks down on water? lifeboats?

Straight down at the water. Lifeboats are tucked underneath you and do not obstruct your view. Here is an old photo. Ignore the furniture. It has changed. The balcony closest to the camera is Caribe. The balcony further down is Dolphin. As you can see, there is nothing between that balcony and the water.

DSCN1260.jpg