Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

Don't see why the taxi drivers should mind. If you stay overnight in a nearby hotel with car parking have you never noticed how nice and friendly they are when they pick you up. But on the return journey when they find you are not London bound they act like its too much trouble for them.

ooh just thought of a fly in the ointment.......

You have got rid of your large cases, but what about the wheeled hand luggage with pillows ( I have seen) and the 10 bottles of wine etc for the cabin..do they have to go on the shuttle with you.

They could put lockers in the terminal

OK - Just run the shuttle to and from all the terminals and West Quay so you don't upset the taxi drivers by taking away their business to and from the station. (Remember we are interested in getting those clients to the town who have already arrived at the Terminal and have time to kill.)

Get the West Quay shopping complex to help subsidise/accommodate the service.

Big hand luggage left behind in the lockers at the terminal. Definite restriction on luggage on bus.

Edited by Scriv

OK - Just run the shuttle to and from all the terminals and West Quay so you don't upset the taxi drivers by taking away their business to and from the station. (Remember we are interested in getting those clients to the town who have already arrived at the Terminal and have time to kill.)

Get the West Quay shopping complex to help subsidise/accommodate the service.

Big hand luggage left behind in the lockers at the terminal. Definite restriction on luggage on bus.

Ok so now we have come up with a plan who is going to put it up on the visitor pages of the P&O FB site [emoji3]

I think you are all very very clever with your cunning plan.

You could facebook it...or maybe someone could write to our mate Dave D,who had the latest cunning plan...

You have all thought outside the box......

Will those who come down by coach complain if they do not have time for the shopping trip??

Will my OH want us to get down there 5 minutes before boarding closes so I cannot go on a shopping expedition???

The english lady : There's always one who tries to put a spanner in the works lol.....

OK, well I think that the coaches will judge their arrival just right and will be accommodated, so the people will be so pleased that they are on board quickly that they won't complain......

As for your OH, well that is a tricky one, but not unsurmountable. How about telling him an embarkation time of one hour earlier than the allocated time??????

Is there any chance the shuttle could call at a supermarket on the way back to the terminal so we could stock up on "provisions" ? 😉😉😉

On that basis alone I can't see P&O funding or allowing it 😂😂😂

No, the shuttle would not call at a supermarket on the way back to the terminal - unless of course the supermarket funds the shuttle ?

Maybe we could have several different shuttles funded by the shops they take you to 😉

Florry - if the shuttle has a stop at Weatherspoons, Weatherspoons will also be asked to chip in with a subsidy for increased trade.

Otherwise no stop.

Wetherspoons stop is fine for me £8 for a bottle of white wine:):) Actually I might save money as it is £13.50 on board.;)

Hmm, P&O might not be so keen on that, then...... but if we keep to a restriction on what 'luggage' is allowed on the shuttle to stop folk bringing crates onboard, surely the odd bottle or two won't make a huge difference to P&O?

We could have a 50p charge per person as a token gesture, even £1? Make it a Community Bus lol - a P&O Community Bus.

I know we have had a lot of fun in this debate, but returning to a serious note, it would be interesting to know if it has ever been considered - or if P&O would think it worthy of further consideration.

Edited by Scriv

Have been reading on facebook that boarding Britannia today has been chaos with check in not opening until 1 pm. Doesn't bode well for my Ventura cruise in 2 weeks:(

Thats not good, not good at all 😕

I thought they had started trialling this in April with Britannia ? They have had over five months to streamline it and get it right !

Thats not good, not good at all 😕

I thought they had started trialling this in April with Britannia ? They have had over five months to streamline it and get it right !

No its not good. Even people turning up at their allocated time have had to wait a while. Well I am hoping I don't have to wait with a 3.30 pm time:eek:

Have been reading on facebook that boarding Britannia today has been chaos with check in not opening until 1 pm. Doesn't bode well for my Ventura cruise in 2 weeks:(

I fail to see what P&O have acheived with this, part from p**sing a lot of people off if this board is anything to go by.

Edited by bee-ess