Scuba in Cozumel Info?

joeb49

<DIV>Below is the best divemaster in Cozumel. Great communication to set up meeting. We have dove with him for years. If you have time, try the Cenotes. If very experience, try Devil's Throat.

Omar Gomez

DEEP EXPOSURE DIVE CENTER

<STRONG><B><FONT face=Papyrus color=navy size=4><SPAN lang=ES style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Papyrus">

Below is the best Divemaster in Cozumel. Great communication either via phone or e-mail to set things up before the cruise. He can also take you to dive The Cenotes if you have time. If you are very experienced try Devil's Throat. I promise you, this will be your favorite dive ever. Our entire family have dove with Omar for the past 4 years. Simply the best around.

Omar Gomez

DEEP EXPOSURE DIVE CENTER

Mexico

Recreational & Technical Instruction

Expeditionary Scout / Special Projects

Course Director & Cave Guide

NAUI * IANTD * PADI * DAN

US Toll Free: 1.866.670.2736

Omar US Local : 915 491 8172

Mex Cell +(52)987 871 9212

h2omarscuba@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if the email contact on her webpage is working? I emailed 2 weeks ago & then again yesterday. I have not received a reply, but perhaps her email is not up & running yet.

Thanks!

Lisa,

I just got an email from her in reply to my email yesterday. I know she has been busy helping with the reef cleanup. I will send her an email to contact you.

Dave

Anyone know if the email contact on her webpage is working? I emailed 2 weeks ago & then again yesterday. I have not received a reply, but perhaps her email is not up & running yet.

Thanks!

I've also been e-mailing with Alison for the last week or longer, and even heard from her today, so I know she's up and running!! Hopefully she'll get Dave's e-mail and contact you ......

We get to see her on SATURDAY!!!:D :D

I've also been e-mailing with Alison for the last week or longer, and even heard from her today, so I know she's up and running!! Hopefully she'll get Dave's e-mail and contact you ......

We get to see her on SATURDAY!!!:D :D

And remember Kathy, NO COOKIES. :D We missed seeing her on our trip Oct 23rd due to Wilma. Now we have to wait until our trip Jan 23rd. She has gotten to calling me her "Little Hurricane Buddy" because we have both been through two this year.

Dave

And remember Kathy, NO COOKIES. :D We missed seeing her on our trip Oct 23rd due to Wilma. Now we have to wait until our trip Jan 23rd. She has gotten to calling me her "Little Hurricane Buddy" because we have both been through two this year.

Dave

No cookies:( ... French Roast Coffee this trip!! :D Her 1st call to me after the hurricane, I asked what we could bring if we were to stop ... she wanted coffee! So coffee she gets!!

I got an email from allison this morning. Thanks Dave! She realized that you & I will be in Coz the same day...Jan 25. Problem is, we don't get there until noon, so we aren't sure if she will be able to take us. She says it's taking about 2 hours from the time you dock until you get to the marina. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to dive...but if we can't do it this time, we will be back in April :)

Hi Lisa,

You can always come over to the Elation. I emailed Alison to let her know that we are flexible. If she wanted to do a one-tank dive and then go pick you up and then go back out for our second tank, it would be okay with us. I just dont know what the rest of her schedule for the day is and how that might impact us. Since you are there so late it would be a good chance for a night dive.

Dave

I strongly recommend "Dive with Martin". His operation is the best value on Cozumel: $65 for a two-tank trip with superb personnel that prioritize "safety" and deliver on "fun". And this price includes equipment!!

I've dove with many dive shops on Cozumel; all were good. But none measure up to Dive With Martin for the value. He works well with cruise ships, adjusting departure times to meet port-call times.

He takes out small boats and small groups only, and he negotiates dive locations and gets you max bottom-time. His DMs are great; they'll find you the marine life! (Be sure to ask to see the Cozumel Toadfish; it exists only there)

Anyway you almost can't go wrong on Cozumel; but I cast my vote for Dive with Martin. See "www.divewithmartin.com"

Happy cruising and have a fun safe dive!

Bill Grier

Waynesville MO

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dave & Lisa .... have a great time with Alison!! We just got back from our cruise yesterday. Did a 3-tanker with her on the 26th and it was WONDERFUL!! It was heatbreaking to see the damage above ground, but reassuring to see that the reefs survived and the sealife is back inforce, vis was excellent ..... Santa Rosa wall was changed but truly spectacular, and Alison even found an octopus munching on lunch at Las Palmas!! Look forward to seeing your posts when you get back!!

Hi Kathy,

With this cold weather, I am ready to leave now. I am hoping by the time we get there, our ship will be longer in port. We are scheduled for 9am-10pm but here recently they are only doing 8am-4pm. Our next port of call is PDC which is not that far.

Dave

Hi Kathy,

With this cold weather, I am ready to leave now. I am hoping by the time we get there, our ship will be longer in port. We are scheduled for 9am-10pm but here recently they are only doing 8am-4pm. Our next port of call is PDC which is not that far.

Dave

We stopped from 9:00-6:00, and I think we may have been last to leave that day. Don't think you can stay much later right now because of the tendering - I would guess it's too hard in the dark. I suppose you'll just wander around until you can go to PDC the next morning. We did the real slow sail to Costa Maya .....

We got back here on Monday, and it was cold, but now it's REALLY cold ..... wish I was back on Coz!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Kathy,

We had a great time diving with Alison. We had to wait on a no show from a ship that got into port 2 hours before ours. Alison said when I got there, if anyone could figure how to get off the ship the quickest, it would be me. We gave the other folks 30 more minutes and then cast off. We had a large turtle come up for air and then on the way down, it paused between me and another diver as if waiting for us to take its photo and then continued on down.

Dave

We dove with Alison & had a great time. We saw several rays, lots of lobsters, and even an octopus in the middle of the day. I can't say enough good things about her & her dive operation. She is superb & I highly recommend her. That's why we are booking dives with her in April!

Lisa,

Glad to hear you had a good time and sorry we did not get a chance to met. Carnival flipped our schedule on us and we went to Progreso first and then Cozumel. Alison is so much fun to be around. Now you see why I say she is like a mother hen. Always looking out for you. Here are a couple of lobster for you. I have got to get a better camera. This is one of those $30 cheepies. Up close is fine but anything greater than 10', it does not do well.

Dave

lobstersmall.jpg.7e0e670bda56e0b07b941ef5b57c4717.jpg

Lisa,

Glad to hear you had a good time and sorry we did not get a chance to met. Carnival flipped our schedule on us and we went to Progreso first and then Cozumel. Alison is so much fun to be around. Now you see why I say she is like a mother hen. Always looking out for you. Here are a couple of lobster for you. I have got to get a better camera. This is one of those $30 cheepies. Up close is fine but anything greater than 10', it does not do well.

Dave

Can you tell me the rates for the Allison dives and where they are located in relation to the piers?

Ron

Their rates are $60 per person for a 2-tank dive. She only brings out 7 divers max so that everything is manageable. She is located at the Caleta Marina which is located to the south of the Puerto Maya pier. It is a $6 taxi ride from the pier. I dont dive with anyone else in Cozumel because of the attention/service that Alison gives plus she is accommodating for cruiseship passengers.

Dave

Archived