Scuba in Cozumel Info?

joeb49

I just received an e-mail from Alison today. It's $70 for a two tank dive including all equipment. We'll be there on April 1st. You have to pay cash or traveler's chks, no credit cards. She said they need at least 2 divers to make the trip. We are planning to use her b/c of all the good things we've read about her on cc. She is very open to taking us to the sites of our choice and within our level of experience. Can't wait. :)

Hi Kathy,

We had a great time diving with Alison. We had to wait on a no show from a ship that got into port 2 hours before ours. Alison said when I got there, if anyone could figure how to get off the ship the quickest, it would be me. We gave the other folks 30 more minutes and then cast off. We had a large turtle come up for air and then on the way down, it paused between me and another diver as if waiting for us to take its photo and then continued on down.

Dave

Hey Dave!! I was talking with Alison (via e-mail) and she mentioned you had been diving with her that day!! We're actually going to Coz in 2 weeks and will hopefully get to do a night dive with her if the timing works out. Haven't done one in Coz before, and I know Alison will keep an eye on me!!

From what I've read, tendering can be a real bear. Sounds like you worked it out. We were lucky as well. With Celebrity we managed to get on the 1st tender, and zipped down to the marina to meet up. Alison was surprised at how fast we got there. Here's a pix of her from our Feb dive ... isn't she just the most fun??

345%3B%3A8%3A54%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D56%3A%3D746%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A43654677ot1lsi

Reddi,

We bring our own gear so that is why it is $60 for a two-tanker.

Kathy,

Tendering worked out just right for us. Carnival sends out the folks going on tours to PDC first, followed by those doing their excursions, THEN you get on the next available tender based on a numbering system. We got off fairly quick but had to wait for the second tender to finish unloading at the pier. They started tendering at 8am and we were standing on the pier at 8:45.

I felt bad because I had to bum 10 pesos from her for the taxi. I dont know what I was thinking but didnt get any small change for the trip back. I told her I would make it up to her the next time I saw her. We are going back in Oct but are taking our two daughters (11/4) with us. Still trying to figure out how to get a dive in.

Dave

Thanks Dave - Some on these boards have said that those booked on Princess Tours will be able to tender first and we, having arranged to dive privately with Alison, will follow. Is that what happened with you? And you were still on the pier in 45 minutes? That seems fine - I just hope we're not stuck for a couple of hours trying to get off the ship.

Reddi,

For us they had said to pick up the tender tickets at 8:15 in one of the lounges. I was there waiting on them at 7:30 to ensure I got on the first regular tender going out. If you are going to the Puerta Maya pier, it is a little bit of a hump to the taxi stand especially if you are lugging scuba gear. Since you are using Alison's equipment, that should make it easier for you to get there.

Dave

• 1 month later...
Reddi,

We bring our own gear so that is why it is $60 for a two-tanker.

Kathy,

Tendering worked out just right for us. Carnival sends out the folks going on tours to PDC first, followed by those doing their excursions, THEN you get on the next available tender based on a numbering system. We got off fairly quick but had to wait for the second tender to finish unloading at the pier. They started tendering at 8am and we were standing on the pier at 8:45.

I felt bad because I had to bum 10 pesos from her for the taxi. I dont know what I was thinking but didnt get any small change for the trip back. I told her I would make it up to her the next time I saw her. We are going back in Oct but are taking our two daughters (11/4) with us. Still trying to figure out how to get a dive in.

Dave

Hi Dave, Thank you for all the info. We sent Alison an e-mail and will see if she has a spot for us on April 2nd (NCL Dawn). A small question : can we pay for that taxi in US $ and how much do you think that would be so we have enough change ;)

Hi Dave, Thank you for all the info. We sent Alison an e-mail and will see if she has a spot for us on April 2nd (NCL Dawn). A small question : can we pay for that taxi in US $ and how much do you think that would be so we have enough change ;)

Hi Scubamama,

You can pay for almost everything in Cozumel in US $$. The taxi from any of the piers should be $6 each way. I would bring an extra dollar for each way in case you get in a taxi that wants to charge a little more.

I cant wait to get back over there but have to wait until October.:(

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived