Scooter on RCCL from Tampa

loopner

See RCCL brochure at

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Accessible_Seas/10017348_AccessibleSeas_Brochure.pdf

There is a special needs phone number near the end.

Thank you, its very helpful but not exactly what I was looking for.

Someone said that not all companies could bring scooters to the ship??

We've neer rented one before for a cruise or any other reason.

Lisa

Thank you, its very helpful but not exactly what I was looking for.

Someone said that not all companies could bring scooters to the ship??

We've neer rented one before for a cruise or any other reason.

Lisa

Lisa - I went to Royal Caribbean's website and did a search. Here's the link. There are two companies - CareVacations and Special Needs at Sea. These two companies will deliver scooters to your cabin.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/mobilityImpairment.do

Lisa - I went to Royal Caribbean's website and did a search. Here's the link. There are two companies - CareVacations and Special Needs at Sea. These two companies will deliver scooters to your cabin.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/mobilityImpairment.do

Thank you! I looked round but apparently missed it.

If you are flying to Tampa it is probably much cheaper to rent one at home. The place I bought my scooter rents them for less than $100. per week. When I looked into Special Needs at Sea the were way over $200 for a 7 day cruise. If you rent at home you can ride it right to the door of the plane and it will be waiting there when you leave the plane. And you'll have use of it at the airport etc.

Look for a medical/wheelchair supply company in your town.

If you are driving, then a scooter can come apart and fit in the trunk of your car. Personally I bought a lift for the back of the car so I can now go to the mall and other shopping by myself.

Look for a medical/wheelchair supply company in your town.

If you are driving, then a scooter can come apart and fit in the trunk of your car. Personally I bought a lift for the back of the car so I can now go to the mall and other shopping by myself.

Mom has one at home (near Tampa) but it doesn't break down. I think Ill try to call around before we use the service. Big issue will be getting it home -- it would be nice if she ould get that done before we arrive so we don't have a "To Do" list the day before sail.

Mom has one at home (near Tampa) but it doesn't break down. I think Ill try to call around before we use the service. Big issue will be getting it home -- it would be nice if she ould get that done before we arrive so we don't have a "To Do" list the day before sail.

Are you sure it doesn't break down? When i was looking to purchase one they all broke down/come apart for travel. I am assuming you need to put it in your car.

If you are flying to Tampa it is probably much cheaper to rent one at home. The place I bought my scooter rents them for less than $100. per week.

Following this logic, I called around near her home. We found a local mobility to rent a scooter for $100/week. So much better than the $245 quoted by one of the big companies!

More money for drinks? LOL