"LIVE" from Norwegian Getaway - Oct 17, 2015

Radio

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to the start of “LIVE” from Norwegian Getaway. I will be boarding Amtrak AutoTrain tomorrow. My train leaves in the afternoon and I should arrive in Sanford, FL on Friday morning. I will drive down to Miami (4-5hrs) where I will have my pre cruise hotel stay. On Saturday October 16th I will board the magnificent Norwegian Getaway.

It has been a long time since I have posted “LIVE” (Quantum of the Seas Jan 2015 can be viewed HERE, so I am really itching to provide some details on Norwegian Getaway and my voyage.

My goal is really to provide a day by day report on ship life for 7 nights. My plan is to include photos and commentary each day on the ship public areas, dining, entertainment and port of call highlights.

The internet speed and bandwidth will play a big roll, as I have been reading some sour reviews on internet connectivity. Norwegian Getaway will not have the lightning fast speeds as Quantum did in January.

The itinerary should be very nice, as we are scheduled to visit St. Thomas, USVI and Road Town, Tortola BVI. We will finish up stopping in Nassau for a few hours. I am hoping for no diversions as I really want to visit beautiful St. Thomas.

I am looking forward to seeing several ships during this voyage. I should be able to see Norwegian Star, Carnival Glory, Carnival Victory, P&O Arcadia, and Carnival Breeze.

The weather for this sailing should be pleasant. It will be nice to have some sun and clear skies for a few days. Caribbean weather as you know is never guaranteed and I am sure there may be a shower or two during the next seven nights. The warmer temperatures will be nice enough though . . . rain or shine.

I will be leaving tomorrow morning for my short drive to Lorton, VA where I will board AutoTrain around 2. AutoTrain is scheduled to leave by 4PM and head south 995 miles to Sanford, FL. (20 miles north of Orlando)

My next 10 nights should be fun, so sit back and grab a coffee and enjoy Norwegian Getaway.

Radio

;)

Norwegian Getaway approaches the Port of Miami

GM.jpg

Image Courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line ©

Norwegian Getaway

G2.jpg

Norwegian Getaway Itinerary

G3.jpg

AutoTrain

AT1.jpg

Image Courtesy of ©2015 National Railroad Passenger Corporation

NCL3.jpg

Edited by Radio

Cant wait to read. I dont know if you take question requests, but IF you have the UBP can you try to order a drink such as a vodka-Redbull to see if they tell you no. I understand I cant just ask for a can of Red Bull, but I figure if used as a mixer in a very standard drink it should be acceptable but have seen varied information. Thank you so much and enjoy your trip!!

6&8

I've been waiting for this, I'm so ready to virtually cruise along! As always, thanks in advance Mark...wishing you safe travels, calm waters and perfect weather. And of course, coffee :)

Ginger

haha. . .you know I won't forget to consume many cups of coffee. . . On this sailing it will be Lavazza !

Thanks. . .

Radio

;);)

HI all!

Radio ~ looking forward to seeing the Getaway through your eyes & also what you do in Tortola, a place I've never seen yet.

I sailed Getaway in May 2014 & loved her! The ship is beautiful, the staff friendly & the food best ever, I thought.

Safe travels to the ship & have a great cruise!

~ Jo ~ :)

Radio, it will be wonderful to read your review and to see your beautiful pictures! I always enjoy your "LIVE" reports.

Have a safe trip to port and thanks for taking time out of your vacation to post about your experience on the Getaway...looking forward to it! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cruz4evr

I love your live reviews and will really be looking forward to this one. We will be sailing on Getaway in February, our itinerary will be different but can't wait to see your photos and read everything you have to say about about Getaway.

We are disappointed I told the DW you were on Getaway in Oct and we hoped it would be Oct.31 on our sailing but this will give us a great preview. As always thanks for your reivew and have a safe and enjoyable trip..

Please take time to watch the NEWS..

Hello everyone and good morning . . . Yes, I woke up at "Radio Dark 30" but now must figure out why I don't have any Starbucks K-Cups here . . . grrrr. . . . argh . . .

It seems that I must get in my car and take care of business. Then I need to start packing.

I will be leaving this morning at about 11 for AutoTrain. (Lorton, VA) It is about 80 miles from here.

I will have lots of Pics to post this afternoon . . .

Radio

;);)

MAP1.jpg