OCTOBER 2015 update: HAL charters, groups & dry docks

CJcruzer

Couple of drydock addition/date changes for ya:

EUDM 07-19 DEC 15 - Grand Bahama Shipyard, Freeport, Bahamas

VEDM 28 MAR-08 APR 16 - Grand Bahama Shipyard, Freeport, Bahamas

OSDM 05-17 APR 16 - Fincantieri Cantieri Navali Italiani S.p.A., Palermo, Sicily

PRDM 05-16 MAY 16 - Grand Bahama Shipyard, Freeport, Bahamas

thanks so much for the drydock info...Sorry I have not been as diligent with updates, but we have been travelling since mid October. One month in Japan, home long enough for laundry and repacking, and recently on the Rotterdam for Spain, Portugal and Canary Islands cruise. Had wonderful holidays, but now it's time to get back down to business (updating the schedule)

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Country Music charter leaving Jan 27, 2017 for 7 days aboard the Oo'dam caused our 21-day leaving Jan 13 2107 to be cancelled last week. It's our second conflict with charters in Jan, 2017 (K'dam was the first w/Blues Cruise) so we're considering it a sign to wait until Feb for next year's cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, just want to add to the list of charters.

It's a bit of a sad story. First booked B2B on Koningsdam leaving Feb. 5, 2017.

Oops, the first 7 days of that cruise got chartered and we had to pick another cruise.

So, next we booked B2B on Eurodam leaving on Jan. 28, 2017.

Oops again, the Feb. 4 portion is now chartered as well. We didn't book the Feb. 11 cruise, but that also looks to be chartered.

Now we have to decide on a third cruise for that time, but the pickings are getting pretty slim, unless we want to go the first half of January (too early for us) or the second half of February. Looks like Caribbean cruises spanning January/February are quite popular with charter groups.

Don't know who chartered them, but I expect we should know after the cruises this winter.

Alrighty, just want to add to the list of charters.

It's a bit of a sad story. First booked B2B on Koningsdam leaving Feb. 5, 2017.

Oops, the first 7 days of that cruise got chartered and we had to pick another cruise.

So, next we booked B2B on Eurodam leaving on Jan. 28, 2017.

Oops again, the Feb. 4 portion is now chartered as well. We didn't book the Feb. 11 cruise, but that also looks to be chartered.

Now we have to decide on a third cruise for that time, but the pickings are getting pretty slim, unless we want to go the first half of January (too early for us) or the second half of February. Looks like Caribbean cruises spanning January/February are quite popular with charter groups.

Don't know who chartered them, but I expect we should know after the cruises this winter.

I was booked on the Koningsdam for Jan 29-Feb 11, the charter took care of that, I replaced it with the Eurodam - anther charter cancelled that. Now I'm on the N. Amsterdam - maybe I'll actually be able to keep this one - with a year away - who knows.

• 2 weeks later...