Can you still buy Cheers on day 2?

Dixie24

Going on the Elation in December. Last three cruises I have bought Cheers on Day 2. I know on Texas cruises, you have to buy it on day 2. But what about from everywhere else? Is that still an option? Or is it only available on Day 1 now?

Let's say I buy cheers about noon day 2. Does the 24 hour clock start then or did it start at midnight day 1? Hope I am asking this correct and someone knows what I mean

No, it starts at 6am on the day you buy it.

So, if you buy in to the Cheers program at noon on day 2, your 15 drink limit for day 2 is from 6am day 2 until 6am on day 3 (18 hours later) It then resets at 6am every day after that.

Regardless of what time you buy it, Cheers is a 24 hour period from 6am to 6am the next day

So if I buy beers before I sign up for the Cheers program, they will count toward my fifteen?

So even though I was charged for the drinks, my sign and sail account will self adjust itself and count those drinks and I won't be charged?

Let's say I think I might go over the 15 drink limit (don't judge, its the first day of vacation:cool:) Should I wait to sign up for the Cheers program until day two?

You can definitely buy Cheers the second day. We just did last week. Anything you purchase prior to purchase is a single charge to your S&S, it's not retro back to your first day. Day one drinks do not count toward the 15 limit once purchased. It only charges you for 6 days vs. 7. We brought wine aboard the first day and had dinner at the steak house so that's why we waited until the second day when we got to the pool.

Another tip: For wine drinkers that want Cheers but like bottles of wine or are considering the Tour the Vineyard package. We had dinner at the steakhouse the first night and were told that bottles purchased that night at dinner or the second night (if you didn't want the free bottle) were 50% off...She said we could buy a bunch of bottles and they would deliver them to the MDR or our cabin. To me, that seems pointless to purchase the tour the vineyard package...

You can definitely buy Cheers the second day. We just did last week. Anything you purchase prior to purchase is a single charge to your S&S, it's not retro back to your first day. Day one drinks do not count toward the 15 limit once purchased. It only charges you for 6 days vs. 7. We brought wine aboard the first day and had dinner at the steak house so that's why we waited until the second day when we got to the pool.

Another tip: For wine drinkers that want Cheers but like bottles of wine or are considering the Tour the Vineyard package. We had dinner at the steakhouse the first night and were told that bottles purchased that night at dinner or the second night (if you didn't want the free bottle) were 50% off...She said we could buy a bunch of bottles and they would deliver them to the MDR or our cabin. To me, that seems pointless to purchase the tour the vineyard package...

Thanks for the tip! That is much better than purchasing the wine package.