ms Veendam Sail-Away October 21, 2015

Copper10-8

5 hours is a pretty big delay, especially when the port isn't too busy.

Does that kind of delay usually happen due to logistics with store delivery/load-in?

Could be a myriad of reasons, anywhere from a mechanical issue, (contract) maintenance arrival/ETAs, waiting for parts delivery (like you mentioned), you name it. Could even be related to her missing Charleston, SC and her subsequent unscheduled stop at Port Canaveral yesterday

Oh my goodness, what a day - hubby's physio appt., lunch with friends, a business appt., and now back home. I was so disappointed when I realized the time - but when I looked at the FLL webcam, there's the Veendam! I hope everything's okay!!

Another meeting this evening; hopefully I'll catch the late departure.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

The port schedule has the Veendam down for 20:30 now. She looks pretty all lite up.

May I ask where you find the port schedule?

(please don't say it's as simple as portschedule.com) LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

May I ask where you find the port schedule?

(please don't say it's as simple as portschedule.com) LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I wouldn't say that........go down to the bottom of the webcam page you are watching on and there will be a listing for port schedule. You will see the listing of the different ships, telling you when they arrived and down the list further when they will leave. Hope that helps.

I wouldn't say that........go down to the bottom of the webcam page you are watching on and there will be a listing for port schedule. You will see the listing of the different ships, telling you when they arrived and down the list further when they will leave. Hope that helps.

Aha, found it! Thanks a bunch.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

While we're waiting for VEDM's departure, a heads up; I'm done hosting this Sail-away thread after today since I'll be in Hawaii effective tomorrow afternoon.

As the Chief, who has hosted the thread for four years!, said last Wednesday; "Whoever wants it, can have it"

While we're waiting for VEDM's departure, a heads up; I'm done hosting this Sail-away thread after today since I'll be in Hawaii effective tomorrow afternoon.

As the Chief, who has hosted the thread for four years!, said last Wednesday; "Whoever wants it, can have it"

You've done a great job! Hope Hawaii is a vacation for you or are you boarding another HAL ship?

You deserve the time off and so does the "child bride"... Thanks so much for all of the commentary for the sailaways...

Thanks John Boy...

Oh yes and now we are down to 185 days till we board the Veendam...

Edited by 65 Gator

If nobody else has offered, I will take a whack at it.

Have a great trip!