Holland America Embarkation Lunch in MDR?

robdeb

I have read conflicting information from HAL. In fact, 2 very similar files that list the perks of the Mariner Society Rewards. One notes an embarkation lunch at (12:00-1:30) in the MDR and the other notes an Exclusive Welcome Onboard Mariner Society Reception (2:00–3:00 p.m.).

We are sailing on the Oosterdam shortly and would like to know if anyone can confirm they do offer the MDR lunch. If so, I am uncertain how this works when they state embarkation 1pm.

I have read conflicting information from HAL. In fact, 2 very similar files that list the perks of the Mariner Society Rewards. One notes an embarkation lunch at (12:00-1:30) in the MDR and the other notes an Exclusive Welcome Onboard Mariner Society Reception (2:00–3:00 p.m.).

We are sailing on the Oosterdam shortly and would like to know if anyone can confirm they do offer the MDR lunch. If so, I am uncertain how this works when they state embarkation 1pm.

I'd suggest moving this question over to the HAL board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2273032

Lots of HAL cruisers with experience to help you out.

Embarkation lunch in the main dining room seems to be in a state of flux.

Sometimes it is just for Mariners sometimes for everybody and sometimes the MDR is closed. The best idea is to ask when on board if the dining room is open and if your are told no, go to the dining room and check for yourself. A new event on some ships is a Mariner reception on embarkation day. The one specifically that I am aware of was in the Crows next at 3pm. Upon arrival at your room check the newsletter for scheduled events.

Embarkation lunch in the main dining room seems to be in a state of flux.

Sometimes it is just for Mariners sometimes for everybody and sometimes the MDR is closed. The best idea is to ask when on board if the dining room is open and if your are told no, go to the dining room and check for yourself. A new event on some ships is a Mariner reception on embarkation day. The one specifically that I am aware of was in the Crows next at 3pm. Upon arrival at your room check the newsletter for scheduled events.

Thank you. We hope to board early enough to enjoy the sit down lunch. Always better than a buffet.

Edited by robdeb
remove signiture

Most of the conflicting information seems to centre on whether the Marnier's Lunch is available or whether the MDR is opened to everyone. One thing that I have experienced is that while boarding the ship you will be directed to the Lido and not the MDR. If you are interested in lunch in the MDR, I suggest you stop by and see if it is open. Remember, the MDR is not always open for lunch on port days, and embarkation is considered a port day.