Ocean Blue on Getaway

Just off Getaway and found Ocean Blue is now ala carte. The restaurant was pretty much empty every night.

However, with the dining package, we were able to dine there with just a 17.70 up charge. For that we were able to order ANYTHING AS MANY AS WE WANTED! So for an appetizer, I had king crab legs, steamed mussels, Florida stone crab claws, and a shrimp cocktail. Wow, not full yet, let's have the 1.5 lb cold water lobster and four sides! Dessert, no thanks, but I'll have a nice after dinner drink with my UBP.

I think that was a fantastic deal, to do this alal carte would have cost close to $100.

Very pleased with everything on this ship, no complaints at all.

Ocean Blue has always been ala carte. A great treat is a Lobster Roll from the 'walk-up' window on the Waterfront. They have it open on sea days from noon to two, but check the Dailies in case it has changed since late August.

The walk-up window has always been a la carte, but sit Ocean Blue proper has not been. From its beginning until just recently, it was $49 a person flat cover charge (if you didn't have the UDP). It's only recently that it's gone a la carte.

OP, thanks for the info. We're sailing on the Getaway in January, and have been curious as to how Ocean Blue would price out with the UDP.

The walk-up window has always been a la carte, but sit Ocean Blue proper has not been. From its beginning until just recently, it was $49 a person flat cover charge (if you didn't have the UDP). It's only recently that it's gone a la carte.

Oh that's right! Sorry, I'm getting confused trying to keep up with all of the changes :o We have wondered if there would be more changes now that Zarkanian isn't affiliated any more with NCL.

Oh that's right! Sorry, I'm getting confused trying to keep up with all of the changes :o We have wondered if there would be more changes now that Zarkanian isn't affiliated any more with NCL.

That's what I've been wondering too! Seems odd to me to keep the menu exactly the same but to lose the partnership. Can't wait to find out in January. :)

I don't think the menu is the same. Here's the original menu:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/ocean_blue.pdf

So the stone crab claws, crab legs, shrimp cocktail, 1.5 lb lobster and steamed mussels seem to all be new! Perhaps they are making it into more of a true upscale land based seafood restaurant? Whatever is going on, I LOVE what they have on offer! Can't wait to try it!