Enough time to make flight?

Chewybub

I've made 11AM flights out of Miami because I can get Zone 1 or walkoff, grab a cab, use the business/1st class line to check in and get my boarding pass, and then use the TSA pre check line for scanning/ entry to the gates.

I'll even check at the airline counter for a seat on an earlier flight, and since I just use one small carry on piece of luggage, it's easy (and free) for me to go earlier if there are any empty seats.

If you can do what I do, an 11am flight is easy to access.

If the ship is on time and you do self debark. We sailed on the Breeze 10/10 to 10/18 and we were at the gate in Miami airport by 8:00 am, we were some of the first off of the ship.

Edited by tlw440

We just got back last week. We flew into FLL and ported out of Miami. Our flight left Miami at 10:20. We had made arrangements for a taxi to pick us up from the port @ 8.......well they got there at 9:15. We made it to our flight but our bags was 5 minutes late and we arrived in Atlanta and had to wait two hours for our bags to fly on the next flight.

We just got back last week. We flew into FLL and ported out of Miami. Our flight left Miami at 10:20. We had made arrangements for a taxi to pick us up from the port @ 8.......well they got there at 9:15. We made it to our flight but our bags was 5 minutes late and we arrived in Atlanta and had to wait two hours for our bags to fly on the next flight.

Why didn't you just use one of the many cabs sitting at the port waiting for anyone to walk up and get a ride.

Why didn't you just use one of the many cabs sitting at the port waiting for anyone to walk up and get a ride.

I was thinking the same thing? If they weren't off the ship and at the curb by 8am- the car service probably left.

But you've got to be crazy to wait over an hour when you are already short on time. They were lucky they made their flight, more often they would not have.

Because I had a reservation. Already paid for through JR's. The guy picked us up from the airport and said he'd be there waiting for us when we got back. So when we got outside I called and he said another driver was on the way. So he waited. Had I known it was going to take that long I would've cancelled and took a taxi.

I was thinking the same thing? If they weren't off the ship and at the curb by 8am- the car service probably left.

But you've got to be crazy to wait over an hour when you are already short on time. They were lucky they made their flight, more often they would not have.

Exactly. I would have maybe waited 15 minutes, got in the cab line, called them in the cab line and told them I'm in the cab line, and If you're not here by the time I can get into a cab, don't worry about coming to get me.

Even if it was prepaid I'd use a cab because the change flight fee is much greater than paying an extra $30 for a ride. Plus the car service company charge could be disputed.

Because I had a reservation. Already paid for through JR's. The guy picked us up from the airport and said he'd be there waiting for us when we got back. So when we got outside I called and he said another driver was on the way. So he waited. Had I known it was going to take that long I would've cancelled and took a taxi.

You've confirmed, the bad idea it is to book any cab in advance. There is no shortage of cabs at the Miami port, not sure why it was considered to begin with. You have helped others hopefully.