Last minute ? about coffee card

cruiseintoheaven

We sailed on Regal Princess last month and the rooms were not ready when we boarded (12 noon). Access to them was closed until either 1pm or 2pm - can't quite remember which. This is the first time we have experienced this delay.

We sailed on Regal Princess last month and the rooms were not ready when we boarded (12 noon). Access to them was closed until either 1pm or 2pm - can't quite remember which. This is the first time we have experienced this delay.

The last time we embarked they were also not ready, but we could drop off our carry-ons in our cabin anyway. However, any "mail" had not been put out yet since the cabin was not ready.

in the unlikely event your room is not ready and you do not receive your card, head on down to the IC, explain the event to the barista and when they give you a cap on the house remember they appreciate the tips. lol

That is so true! I learned on our last cruise that some service workers do not get tips. The people who walk around the Piazza and pick up your plates from the International cafe, bring you coffee, etc they do not qualify for tips until they "move up the ranks" or whatever it is they do.

I did not realize that some people who provide you with a service are not part of the tip "pool". I wish that was better communicated so that we can tip those for their hard work who do not qualify for tips yet. Also, to know that writing a nice comment card is worth it.

That is so true! I learned on our last cruise that some service workers do not get tips. The people who walk around the Piazza and pick up your plates from the International cafe, bring you coffee, etc they do not qualify for tips until they "move up the ranks" or whatever it is they do.

I did not realize that some people who provide you with a service are not part of the tip "pool". I wish that was better communicated so that we can tip those for their hard work who do not qualify for tips yet. Also, to know that writing a nice comment card is worth it.

Incorrect, they are part of the tip pool. It is a major part of their income.

They are part of the tip pool since they are most often assigned to the main dining room. Same is true for those in the Horizon Court. Waiters and Assistant Waiters receive a percentage from the tip pool. You will also find them in Alfredo's Pizzeria if there is one on the ship.