Karambole Tours

Nebr.cruiser

I got the same message--it sounds pretty good to me, but still thinking about it. They didn't say anything about having a certain number of people for the English tour, time frame, etc. It seems like a good price, and payment in dollars is a bonus.

I will be there Mar 2 and am interested - very little info about Martinique and the RCI tours seem expensive. Would like someone to post if and when they have taken this tour.

To all of you going on this tour in the near future please report back and let me and everyone else know how it was especially if the tour was mostly in English. We will be in Martinique in April with our parents and didn't want to really go to a beach here as we are doing beaches on almost every other island we visit. Looks like a beautiful island to explore. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise and we enjoyed our tour with Christelle. She met us at the end of the pier wearing a blue polo shirt a few minutes before 9:30 AM. There were 8 of us on this tour. She gave us a tour of Fort De France then proceeded driving towards St. Pierre. On each stop along the way she would give us delicious cookies, petite sandwiches, juice, water, alcoholic beverage, and a delightful warm chocolate drink made for celebrations in Martinique. She spoke wonderful English and answered all our questions. The highlight was seeing Mt. Pelee with the top of it covered with clouds.

I will say the road towards St. Pierre is very windy and you are driving up to the mountain and rainforest. She gave us all the opportunity to see the waterfall. The stairs to climb down were steep and the handrail was shaky so we opted to not go. The tour lasted about 4 1/2 hrs. She took her time and was very informative.

I received an answer!!!

"Thank you for contacting us!The ideal tour for cruisers is Pile et face Tour trough the tropical rainforest to the town of Saint-Pierre, once the Little Paris of the Caribbean, destroyed by the volcano in 1902.

Our tastings include pastries, hot chocolate, rum which is our typical alcohol, liqueurs, exotic fruits...

This tour lasts approximately 4.5 hours, and pick-up is at the pier. Our tours can be made in English.

The price is $55 or 55€/pp. Payment can be made in cash in dollars or euros, or by credit card in euros.

Looking forward to hear from you!"

Just wondering is there a deposit required or do you pay upon arrival? Thanks.

Thank you for your report, we're using Karambole off the Celebrity Summit on January 6

We'll be there 3 days later and taking the tour with her.

I noticed that there are now 3 reviews on TA (possibly duplicates of some posts here) and they seem to be good. I am a little surprised that it's not your normal food tour in that you don't stop off at places and eat their food, but it sounds fine because you likely get to see more of the island than you would with stops at restaurants/stores but still get to eat :-).

We recently returned from our cruise and as promised I am reviewing Karambole tours.

We had a great day. The only negative was that we thought the van was pretty crowded for 8 people. We had to sit 3 on a seat, which makes it hard for the middle person to see and stay cool. We did suggest to Christelle that a bigger van would be better. She asked for suggestions as to how to improve her tour.

Other than that we loved the tour. She is just starting her tour company and is very eager to please. She speaks excellent English and is very personable. Ours was an island tour with tastings along the way, which was fun and interesting. We had various fruits, pastries, rum and other drinks, etc. We thought the island was beautiful and enjoyed the various stops along the way.

Wear a swim suit if you want to swim at the waterfall. We also stopped at a black sand beach for 30 minutes or so before heading back to the ship, which I was not expecting. It was great to cool off after a very hot day.

All in all I would recommend the tour highly, especially if she uses a bigger vehicle (she was renting the one we were in.)

It's not that easy to find tours in Martinique, especially on a Sunday, so this was a great find.

Hi Nibbler (?) from Missouri--enjoyed our day with you.

We just returned from our cruise and we enjoyed our tour with Christelle. She met us at the end of the pier wearing a blue polo shirt a few minutes before 9:30 AM. There were 8 of us on this tour. She gave us a tour of Fort De France then proceeded driving towards St. Pierre. On each stop along the way she would give us delicious cookies, petite sandwiches, juice, water, alcoholic beverage, and a delightful warm chocolate drink made for celebrations in Martinique. She spoke wonderful English and answered all our questions. The highlight was seeing Mt. Pelee with the top of it covered with clouds.

I will say the road towards St. Pierre is very windy and you are driving up to the mountain and rainforest. She gave us all the opportunity to see the waterfall. The stairs to climb down were steep and the handrail was shaky so we opted to not go. The tour lasted about 4 1/2 hrs. She took her time and was very informative.

Am interested in this tour - however in light of the Tortola accident I was wondering if you felt safe on the windy road with the type of vehicle driven?

Am interested in this tour - however in light of the Tortola accident I was wondering if you felt safe on the windy road with the type of vehicle driven?

So thousands, maybe millions of people have gone on tours in similar vehicles on similar roads and you're now concerned because of one accident? Will you stop doing excursions on other islands as well?

We recently returned from our cruise and as promised I am reviewing Karambole tours.

We had a great day. The only negative was that we thought the van was pretty crowded for 8 people. We had to sit 3 on a seat, which makes it hard for the middle person to see and stay cool. We did suggest to Christelle that a bigger van would be better. She asked for suggestions as to how to improve her tour.

Other than that we loved the tour. She is just starting her tour company and is very eager to please. She speaks excellent English and is very personable. Ours was an island tour with tastings along the way, which was fun and interesting. We had various fruits, pastries, rum and other drinks, etc. We thought the island was beautiful and enjoyed the various stops along the way.

Wear a swim suit if you want to swim at the waterfall. We also stopped at a black sand beach for 30 minutes or so before heading back to the ship, which I was not expecting. It was great to cool off after a very hot day.

All in all I would recommend the tour highly, especially if she uses a bigger vehicle (she was renting the one we were in.)

It's not that easy to find tours in Martinique, especially on a Sunday, so this was a great find.

Hi Nibbler (?) from Missouri--enjoyed our day with you.

Thanks for reporting back. We tour with her in April.