What's the best thing you've done in Aruba

PGCRUISERS

@ leavethekidswithmom- did you rent the jeep while on a cruise stop? Any information would be appreciated! I'm trying to find a way to go to the Natural pond. I thought I had a Utv tour figured out by contacting a place by email explaining the times we would be in port, only after calling to make a payment found out the tour leaves too early for the ship.:(

Anyone else have ideas how to get to the natural pond area?

Edited by tidygirl

• 2 weeks later...

Segway tours Aruba was awesome. I wanted to do the trikes but DW voted for the Segway saying next time we can do the trikes but after seeing the trikes go by us we all felt we had picked the right tour. Multiple stops with great pictures and beach time at moomba if you want it at the end. Without beach time was 75pp with p/up and drop off at the pier. 2 1/2 hours or add beach time and 25pp

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Can you give me a little information about how the beach part of the Segway tour goes? We are booked for this for June. Do we need to wear our swimsuits under our clothes? Do we ride the Segways to the beach and then ride them back to the ship? Anything you can share about this excursion would be greatly appreciated.

Segway tours Aruba was awesome. I wanted to do the trikes but DW voted for the Segway saying next time we can do the trikes but after seeing the trikes go by us we all felt we had picked the right tour. Multiple stops with great pictures and beach time at moomba if you want it at the end. Without beach time was 75pp with p/up and drop off at the pier. 2 1/2 hours or add beach time and 25pp

Can you give me a little information about how the beach part of the Segway tour goes? We are booked for this for June. Do we need to wear our swimsuits under our clothes? Do we ride the Segways to the beach and then ride them back to the ship? Anything you can share about this excursion would be greatly appreciated.

We have the Trikes booked for January 2017! So excited after seeing all the pictures and hearing the rave reviews! I've been to Aruba previously about 20 years ago and spent the few days at Eagle Beach. Liked it alot, gorgeous beach, but not looking to sit at a beach this time, as I'm sorry I didn't see more of the island last time. The Trikes look great and fun!! Can't wait for this excursion now!

Sure the beach part can be done through Segway tours so you will have transfers both directions with lots of time to stop in the area by port or do the Segway and where you are dropped off the beach is right there also and arrange your own way back.

Beach is coral sand which means it's white AND not hot to your feet which was kind of cool because it was 31C plus humidity when we were there and sand was not hot. If you want to go in have a suit ready there would be places to change but we just had our suits on as clothes with my wife having a another layer due to modesty.

This was my wife's favourite excursion even without beach time. Loved seeing a decent portion of the island. She was against the trikes just based on the fact I would be doing the driving and she didn't want to just be a passenger

Some new restaurants have popped up since you were there that are really good. If you go again, let us know and I'll give you some new recommendations.

We will be coming in February 2017 (just booked this morning) on a cruise. We are in port from 8am - 11pm. I'm soooo excited and we definitely want to do a nice dinner. So far I've only looked at the tops on trip advisor. I would love some personal recommendations from you as well. Feel free to message me privately if you prefer. We will probably do a 1/2 day excursion, go back to the ship and shower up and then do dinner, and drinks after somewhere. Any advice is much appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just curious why after seeing the trikes that you thought the Segway was the right choice? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just curious why after seeing the trikes that you thought the Segway was the right choice? Thanks.

Sure sorry about the late response.

Wife wanted to do something not just ride along and she was unsure she could drive the trike even if I let her.

The opportunity for a couple of hour beach time with transfers also appealed to her although we didn't end up using the transfer back to ship

Sure sorry about the late response.

Wife wanted to do something not just ride along and she was unsure she could drive the trike even if I let her.

The opportunity for a couple of hour beach time with transfers also appealed to her although we didn't end up using the transfer back to ship

Rob, do you have contact info for the Segway Tour? I found an email address on the website but have not received any response so not sure if that is current info.

• 4 weeks later...
Thinking about going with Sunny Binns in December. The reviews on Trip Advisor look good too. Does anyone know what time he picks up from the ship?

I'm sure that he works around the time that the ship gets into port. It would be best to just email him and discuss it with him.

• 8 months later...

The family and I did Trikes a couple of years ago as an excursion from our cruise. Highly recommend. We are currently spending a week here and yesterday we did a UTV tour with ABC Tours. This too was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a Segway tour with Danny's Two Wheel Adventures and a boat/snorkeling trip on the Arusun, also booked through Danny. Had a great time on the Segways (first time used) and then a relaxing afternoon on the water after. We previously did a jeep safari tour with ABC and had a great time on that too.

We did a Segway tour with Danny's Two Wheel Adventures and a boat/snorkeling trip on the Arusun, also booked through Danny. Had a great time on the Segways (first time used) and then a relaxing afternoon on the water after. We previously did a jeep safari tour with ABC and had a great time on that too.

This sounds wonderful

• 4 weeks later...