What's the best thing you've done in Aruba

PGCRUISERS

I am kinda surprised no one has mentioned jolly pirates....they have an awesome pirate ship that has 4 hour water trip that includes lunch, snorkeling, rope swing and rum punch all day. We were in Aruba in 2010 and it was the highlight of the cruise. We are going in March and I quickly booked the trip!! Afterwards we had time to shop. And we also just took the local bus to get to there location...it was nice meeting the locals.

Could you give a little detail on using the bus? Thanks :D

Could you give a little detail on using the bus? Thanks :D

Taking the bus in Aruba is Easy/Peasy. When getting off the ship, just walk straight into town. Go across the street and there will be a place to buy tickets. The bus lanes are right there. If you are looking to go to the Beach area, just get on the bus to the high rise district. You will not have a problem.

Taking the bus in Aruba is Easy/Peasy. When getting off the ship, just walk straight into town. Go across the street and there will be a place to buy tickets. The bus lanes are right there. If you are looking to go to the Beach area, just get on the bus to the high rise district. You will not have a problem.

Thanks,we may give that a try.:)

• 5 weeks later...
Trying Segway tour end of the month will let you know!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hi, Canada Rob!

Did you try the segway tour? If so, how did you book it, how much time did you spend on the beach, and would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Hi, Canada Rob!

Did you try the segway tour? If so, how did you book it, how much time did you spend on the beach, and would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Yes did the segway which was 90-120 minutes which was enough with breaks. We went right back to ship area the other couple we were with spent 3 or 4 hours lounging on the white sand

beach and loved it. Local owns it now f Danny's 2wheel adventure booked through email and met me outside of the cruise terminal with transportation to segway about 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

We booked an excursion to De-Palm island whilst on P&O Azura it is an all inclusive island with a water park (lost my husband their - he became a teenager!!). There is a beach, bars and restaurant and salsa lessons. It was good fun and was very memorable. Prior to the cruise we stayed in Aruba for two weeks and most of the hotels to the left of the port (short taxi journey) were fronted by Palm beac - the sand was like talcum powder (not hot) and as all the hotels shared the beach there were no restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
Anyone know how many people are on the Jolly Pirate ship? Looking for a smaller ship or catamaran that's not too overcrowded.

Was looking at the Black Pearl - which looks really good. Well they had pics of the Jolly Roger - holy cow, it looked like wall to wall people. No thanks. Just not for us. Might want to check out the Black Pearl. Just Google Black Pearl Aruba.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from a lovely cruise on Freedom of the Seas and have to RAVE about Trikes Aruba. This was the highlight excursion of our cruise and a trip that we will not soon forget. My husband, myself and 9 year old granddaughter rode on "trike" (my husband looking every bit of the motorcycle dude) and toured with our caravan all over the island !! Loved every minute of the ride and would do it again when we are back in Aruba. Forgo some of the ship approved excursions and have a ball with this company!!

• 1 month later...
We loved the Black Pearl. Lovely sailing vessel with all the drinks you want (all kinds), food, great snorkeling and your own personal lounge chair with a thick mat. Who could ask for more in a sunny location.

Planning on doing this in December from Carnival Horizon. Can you please tell me how long and how much money it was to get to their dock? Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

An alternative land based tour is to book Bully for a private taxi tour. We got a great overview of the island in 3 and a bit hours, visiting places that the big buses can't or don't. He will customize whatever you like and is happy to advise or make suggestions.

He doesn't have a web site but does respond to emails promptly.