Any one-way cruises - Oz to NZ (or back)

bazzaw

I saw a few on Princess for next year 1 Feb, 24 Aug and 4 Dec were 4 day transits. You can find them by searching for cruises 1-5 days, I am sure the other lines would have a similar means of searching.

Hope that helps.

CJ

Princess does a 4 day cruises to NZ and they also do 9 day cruises. Leave from Australian port end up in Auckland.

Also PO Australia do a four day run from Sydney. So does Celebrity

Sydney to Auckland

04 December 2015

12 Nights

Celebrity Solstice

Sydney to Auckland

05 January 2016

14 Nights

Celebrity Solstice

Sydney to Auckland

16 February 2016

15 Nights

Diamond Princess

Melbourne to Auckland

16 November 2016

16 Nights

ms Maasdam

Sydney to Auckland

18 November 2016

14 Nights

ms Maasdam

Sydney to Auckland

27 November 2016

12 Nights

Celebrity Solstice

Sydney to Auckland

16 December 2016

17 Nights

ms Maasdam

Sydney to Auckland

11 January 2016

3 Nights

Diamond Princess

Sydney to Auckland

31 January 2016

4 Nights

Pacific Pearl

Melbourne-Auckland

04 December 2016

4 Nights

Golden Princess

There are usually a few each year - Princess, Celebrity, Holland America. We're doing Auckland to Sydney over Christmas.

Just go to any of the online TAs, pick the month you want, and scan through the offerings. They usually have maps so you can easily see if it's a one way cruise.

If you're planning on doing land touring in NZ I'd suggest February or March. The weather is at it's best then and it's not school holidays.

Plenty of Golden Princess Melbourne to Auckland or Auckland Melbourne sailing dates both for 2015/16 and 2016/17 . If you plan to drive around NZ there is a car ferry daily from Wellington on the North Island across Cook Strait to Picton on the South Island . Plenty of direct flights from Christchurch or Dunedin back to Australia.

At one stage , I think it was Princess, they offered one way cruise Au to Christchurch and then Ch to Au......but I think that was pre earthquake.

For a port to offer embarking and disembarking they need to have good and plentiful Hotels and an International Airport.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

At one stage , I think it was Princess, they offered one way cruise Au to Christchurch and then Ch to Au......but I think that was pre earthquake.

For a port to offer embarking and disembarking they need to have good and plentiful Hotels and an International Airport.

And a decent embarkation/debarkation facility.

Would like to cruise to (or from NZ) next year - and do a car trip around NZ. Obviously we would have to fly one leg.

Anybody got any thoughts how to "research" this??

as you already have a "to NZ" cruise in your signature, I am guessing you mean the road trip..you know you can do a one way cruise.

we used this awesome company a few yrs ,see link below..

they pick you up from airport, take you to the acc. then next morning drop off your car..

they give you the itinerary according to your budget, they pick you up when the car trip is over and take you back to the airport

http://www.finetoursnewzealand.co.nz/why-should-you-get-our-help-to-plan-your-new-zealand-itinerary-about47

and the itineraries

http://www.finetoursnewzealand.co.nz/tour_categories.php

Edited by jannandjohn

Another idea if you want a land trip through NZ.

Arrive in Auckland on a cruise from Sydney. Overnight in the City and then take the Northern Explorer , the daylight train to Wellington. Overnight there and then take the InerIslander ferry to Picton. Pick up a rental there, (no need to pay for a car to cross as well), do an circuit of the South Island. You then have the option of ending up in Christchurch and flying home or flying back to North Island.

Bazzaw, I'm already ahead of you. In Feb 2017 flying Adelaide (via Melb our Syd) to Queenstown. Then doing a week long road trip from Queenstown to Dunedin via the South Coast and the Catlins (missed this area on our last land trip). Hopping on a plane from Dunedin to Auckland, catching the Celebrity Solstice leaving Auckland on February 17th and taking the slow road (12 nights) back to Sydney.

We love Queenstown and not easily seen from a cruise ship so we thought why not take a one way cruise and spend a week pottering about on land beforehand.

You could always cruise over on one ship, hire a car and tour both islands, fly back to auckland say from queenstown and board another ship and cruise home! Could be the same ship you came over on, returning again to australia. Over the summer months there are 12-14 day cruises by several companies to and from nz.

You could always cruise over on one ship, hire a car and tour both islands, fly back to auckland say from queenstown and board another ship and cruise home! Could be the same ship you came over on, returning again to australia. Over the summer months there are 12-14 day cruises by several companies to and from nz.

That would be a great way to get there and back as well as see the country..:D