luggage tags

trevpeg5359

Made my day, and to think all these years I have just been using a stapler, generally at the hotel desk.

Yep, generally works fine. But I started using clear packing tape several years ago when one of my tags secured with only a staple was just hanging on "by a thread". It's an additional, simple, minimal cost/hassle protection. Even just regular old 1/2 inch tape is available at hotel desks, etc. I can't remove the cruise line's tags that are taped with using the nail clippers my wife keeps in her purse.:cool:

Edited by PaperSniper4

You had better hope that should you need your passport and don't have it that there is a US consulate/embassy nearby that is open. Otherwise the paper that the passport info is printed on is worthless.

If the ship has to leave you behind, they will attempt to land your documents.

Regardless of the value of the paper, if any.

If you fold the tags per the instructions they are stronger than the luggage tags Princess used to mail to you.

We fold them (per the instructions), punch a hole, and attach to the luggage using a plastic electrical tie. We always need a scissors to remove them.

Or, you can use the kit below suggested by Cruise Critic member chrysalis.

Luggage%20tag%20kit%20by%20chrysalis_zpsuzt1rkvd.jpg

Or the following luggage tag kit is also available.

Tool%20chest_zpsvv2g4s7a.jpg

The pictures are really very funny. You made my day. A laugh is all ways good.

• 2 months later...

I was just visiting favors by serendipity website and I know a lot of us use their luggage tag holders. Just thought you'd want to know they have lowered their prices. What a deal! Mine have lasted for years.

Edited by sasha'smom

I was just visiting favors by serendipity website and I know a lot of us use their luggage tag holders. Just thought you'd want to know they have lowered their prices. What a deal! Mine have lasted for years.

There are many vendors on eBay who can make a dozen or so brightly colored plastic tags with personalized info to attach to your luggage. Cost is usually around $12 per half dozen. I have used those for years and they are indestructible in my experience.:cool:

We never put our ship luggage tags on until we are actually heading to the ship. Since we always fly in the day prior to the ship sailing we wait. There is no guaranty that they will survive the airline baggage handling. We use a type of plastic tag sleeves which we purchased on Amazon. The Princess luggage tags slide in and we can put them on prior to transferring to the ship.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Serendipity Tag Holders work great. Finally ordered some more after 4 cruises of uses. However' date=' we never tag our luggage with the PCL Tags until just before boarding.

Just Mike [/color']

sort of home laminated them, using clear plastic packaging tape, hole-punched them using an office paper punch.

...VTX-Al

Darn, I did this last night! And was proud when I showed them to my wife. I didn't know that you guys have been doing this all along!:D

Darn, I did this last night! And was proud when I showed them to my wife. I didn't know that you guys have been doing this all along!:D

We use a clear plastic page sleeve. Then seal with clear shipping tape and staple on. You can lift the bag up with them. ;)