surely the end of civilisation as we know it.

mds143

It's streaky and crispy.

Having been on many Princess ships, may I call the US bacon..Nuked to death. But that is the way the North Americans like it, goes better with the maple syrup, yuk.

But then on Aurora/Oriana recently the bacon in my opinion was way underdone.

Edited by NSWP

Having been on many Princess ships, may I call the US bacon..Nuked to death. But that is the way the North Americans like it, goes better with the maple syrup, yuk.

But then on Aurora/Oriana recently the bacon in my opinion was way underdone.

I try not to be too picky when it comes to mass produced food on cruise ships but I do wish they'd give the bacon on P&O another 5 minutes in the 'pan' and, obviously, ensure that they have an ample supply of golden triangles :)

I would think the Golden Triangles were missing due to nv procautions.

After the outbreak was over, and everything returned to normal, the Azura remained a golden triangle free Zone.

I'm currently of the opinion that they simply ran out.

It's quite understandable, they are after all (with the exception of my DW and her mother) the most wonderful things in existence. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from Britannia in Caribbean and the GT have gone!!!! Just the round bread fried and no substitute for the GT's.

I did ask and they said they have stopped serving GT's and thick toast, what a shame I did give the feedback whilst on board and in my survey.

Just back from Britannia in Caribbean and the GT have gone!!!! Just the round bread fried and no substitute for the GT's.

I did ask and they said they have stopped serving GT's and thick toast, what a shame I did give the feedback whilst on board and in my survey.

Thanks for the info soobs.

It's beginning to look like a stealthy fleet wide golden triangle removal plan.

Have they no shame:D

Anyway, have a great Christmas regardless :)

Mike

Golden triangles? Aren't we talking about hash browns,

which are of American origin and are simply shredded potato deep fried. Vastly superior to British fried bread IMO. Until we first went to the states many years ago we had never heard of them, but have never known them not to be served on any cruise line.

Maybe P&O are trying to get back to a traditional British menu.

It could be kedgeree next.

David.

P & O's golden triangles are made with thick sliced bread which is fried, so no we are not talking about hash browns which P & O also offer every breakfast in the MDR.

Breakfast in the MDR is one of the highlights of my holidays I was disappointed that I couldn't have my thick fried bread and my thick toast with marmalade which is another of my loves. They just said they have stopped doing it no other explanation.

P & O's golden triangles are made with thick sliced bread which is fried, so no we are not talking about hash browns which P & O also offer every breakfast in the MDR.

Breakfast in the MDR is one of the highlights of my holidays I was disappointed that I couldn't have my thick fried bread and my thick toast with marmalade which is another of my loves. They just said they have stopped doing it no other explanation.

It was probably expensive to buy in.

Mike you are a sad individual as are the majority of people replying to this thread.

What sad lives you all must have.

I registered merely to post this.

Have a word with yourselves!

Clearly someone who has never tasted a GT [emoji23]

• 2 years later...

I've just returned from a cruise on the Azura and have resurrected this old thread to update it.

The dark days of are behind us, the storm clouds are no more.

Rejoice brothers and sisters for I can tell you today, from personal experience, that the golden triangles (fried bread) have returned to the full English breakfast on board the Azura.

For now at least it seems as though sanity has prevailed. :classic_biggrin:

well done Pando.

Mike

On 12/28/2015 at 7:05 PM, lpc123 said:

Mike you are a sad individual as are the majority of people replying to this thread.

OMG, I don't eat a cooked breakfast, but it has always been obvious to me that the GTs are the highlight of any food connoisseur's day.  We've tried Celebrity, Princess and Cunard but my OH won't go back as none of them did GTs. I once saw a chef cutting the bread for them so I know how it's done. I think I will pick up bread at lunchtime, prepare it in the cabin then get the chef to cook it for my husband the following morning.

BTW if anybody wants to know how to cut the bread, I'll post a video on youtube later :classic_wink:

3 hours ago, mds143 said:

I've just returned from a cruise on the Azura and have resurrected this old thread to update it.

The dark days of are behind us, the storm clouds are no more.

Rejoice brothers and sisters for I can tell you today, from personal experience, that the golden triangles (fried bread) have returned to the full English breakfast on board the Azura.

For now at least it seems as though sanity has prevailed. :classic_biggrin:

well done Pando.

Mike

This is great news! I was so disappointed to get the horrid little hard round circles on recent cruises. The fried bread used to be P&O’s major selling point for me!

On 28 December 2015 at 7:05 PM, lpc123 said:

It's called having a sense of humour!

When we were on Oceana in September/October the bread they used for toast in the MDR at breakfast was much smaller, different bread altogether and instead of the four slices you usually get in the toast rack there were only three and one space!!  Of course you could ask for more - they'd also stopped doing Square White Toast!  Maybe the Health police are taking over.

I had a piece of golden triangle... never knew it was called that.  yummy.       I stole it off my husbands plate!  haha! 

I cant imagine they are very healthy... but for there to be "healthy choice" there has to be things that aren't healthy.  that's just logical.  

I had an omlette in the MDR.    wouldn't order one of them again mind.    tiny one egg effort.   3 mouthfuls and it was gone :(

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, Suzieanna said:

I had a piece of golden triangle... never knew it was called that.  yummy.       I stole it off my husbands plate!  haha! 

I cant imagine they are very healthy... but for there to be "healthy choice" there has to be things that aren't healthy.  that's just logical.  

I had an omlette in the MDR.    wouldn't order one of them again mind.    tiny one egg effort.   3 mouthfuls and it was gone :(

You're right Suzieanna, they are most definately not healthy.

The whole English breakfast experience is anything but healthy.

I think I had a full English about four times on my two week cruise.

I couldn't possible have one every day. I prefer Porridge!!

But, if you are going to have an English breakfast, then you may as well do it right and the Golden Triangles are an absolute must in my opinion.

The omlettes on the Azura (in the mdr) took ages and were not worth the wait in my opinion.
Anyway, the next time your hubby has a full English with a GT take it off him, tell him how unhealthy they are, and enjoy it yourself :)

Edited by mds143
  • Haha 1