2016 wc

duct tape

Thanx for thinking of me, all! [emoji4][emoji568]. I am here with 200 other full trip fans. Catching up, nesting and ready to start posting soon. Great crowd. Ship is chock-a-block full! Lots doing 1/2 of the WC. Trivia rocks, 10 teams. Soon.

Thanx for thinking of me, all! [emoji4][emoji568]. I am here with 200 other full trip fans. Catching up, nesting and ready to start posting soon. Great crowd. Ship is chock-a-block full! Lots doing 1/2 of the WC. Trivia rocks, 10 teams. Soon.

Fair winds and fine sailing DT, great to hear so many full trippers aboard. Trivia sounds brill. Is Francis traveling along with you?

Appreciate getting these great and interesting data details on the number of full WC passengers. Is that a record high number doing the full world cruise? Look forward to reading more details on the passenger mix on board, your key port stops, etc. Keep it coming!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 131,543 views for this posting.

Good news that you are on board!!! Our schedule for this week is as follows: Thursday fly to Madrid; Friday fly to Lima; Saturday board the ship. Put your feet up, Susan, relax and enjoy :)

We were in Salaverry, Peru today. We took a ship excursion to Chan Chan and the Huaca Dragon sites. Chan Chan is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the largest clay city in pre-Hispanic America.

DSC00277_zpsitv75azb.jpg

DSC00295_zps9cgoov8j.jpg

Next came a visit to Huaca Dragon, a 1,100 year old adobe pyramidal temple.

DSC00314_zpseur1eqsg.jpg

Then the bus drove by Independence Square in Trujillo. Here is one of the colonial style balconies on the square.

DSC00322_zpsxd9glxzt.jpg

Mysty, you're very welcome. Look forward to more Lima posts (esp food shots). We will be in Lima in late August--first for 5 day private Machu Picchu/Cusco tour prior to boarding the Silver Galapagos.

We took a ship excursion last night for our 1st of 2 days in Lima. It was called "A Night Out in Lima". Traffic in Lima at that time of evening is horrendous! We got to the Fountain Park about an hour after we left the ship. Here is a picture of one of the many fountains in the park.

DSC00344_zpsk1moaibk.jpg

We then drove (or attempted to drive) around a few of the squares in downtown Lima. No real photo ops because it was dark by then and traffic was an issue.

We dined at Casa Aliaga. Beautiful extremely ornate old home.

DSC00353_zpsrezrfczj.jpg

We were served a Pisco Sour on arrival along with some canapes.

DSC00354_zps0d9je9s3.jpg

First course was asparagus souffle.

DSC00357_zpsympbbxzd.jpg

Mysty, you're very welcome. Look forward to more Lima posts (esp food shots). We will be in Lima in late August--first for 5 day private Machu Picchu/Cusco tour prior to boarding the Silver Galapagos.

Wes - boarded yesterday in Lima after an easy journey from the UK. Found duct tape safely on board so we all breathe easily now! So far all is perfection! I'm meeting up with Jennifer in Sydney the day after we disembark there. I'll try and post more news as we go along. Kind regards.

We took a ship excursion last night for our 1st of 2 days in Lima. It was called "A Night Out in Lima". Traffic in Lima at that time of evening is horrendous! We got to the Fountain Park about an hour after we left the ship. Here is a picture of one of the many fountains in the park.

philipb: Wes - boarded yesterday in Lima after an easy journey from the UK. Found duct tape safely on board so we all breathe easily now! So far all is perfection! I'm meeting up with Jennifer in Sydney the day after we disembark there. I'll try and post more news as we go along. Kind regards.

Appreciate the wonderful pictures from mysty and to know that philipb is safely on board. Looking forward to more pictures and added details from these fun' date=' adventure travels. It's dull and cloudy here in the Midwest now, so we like seeing and hearing more from these interesting locations.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 208,091 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Philip, thanks for your Whisper update, please pass warm regards along to Susan & Joe. Please give Jennifer a hug for Ida and I when you link up in Sydney. And most importantly enjoy your Whisper voyages...Also, if u have time and see Capt. Corsaro pls pass our regards (and retirment well wishes) along.

Wes - boarded yesterday in Lima after an easy journey from the UK. Found duct tape safely on board so we all breathe easily now! So far all is perfection! I'm meeting up with Jennifer in Sydney the day after we disembark there. I'll try and post more news as we go along. Kind regards.

Please give Jennifer a hug from us too!

This is the second of 5 sea days before Easter Island. Everyone has all digits crossed that we will have calm seas to allow us to visit the island!

DSC00364_zpsfn763nrc.jpg

On the excursion "Night Out in Lima" I mentioned that we visited a water fountain park. The park is called "Parque de la Reserva". In 2007, the Municipality of Lima completed the construction of El Circuito Magico del Agua", the "Magic Water Circuit". I posted one photo already and here is another. This fountain had arches of water and people walked through the tunnel of water.

DSC00341_zpswsin66tw.jpg

Everything here is just as it should be. Food and service excellent - no sign of cut-backs in any department. Housekeeping immaculate and ship looking lovely. New sunloungers with smart striped padded cushions - very comfy! Weather glorious - blue skies and calm seas. It's all very relaxing and a marvellous way of escapimg the rigours of the winter in England! We are now on our fourth day of the crossing to Easter Island.