Galveston......never again!!

Desertbelle

I made a mistake last year we had booked Liberty the week after Thanksgiving in a aft JS, but got a trip to Hard Rock in Punta Cana via charity auction and had to cancel cruise, Hard Rock was disappointing even with 1700 sq ft suite, going thru there customs was the pits.

Seriously? You drove from Illinois to Texas. Isn't that like thousands of miles? We don't have time to do that. We don't even drive to southern California.

I'm going to drive from Kansas City to Galveston in October - no big deal. After my cruise, I have another week to go over to San Antonio and then take our time getting home. It's all about the journey, not necessarily the destination! :D

I'm going to drive from Kansas City to Galveston in October - no big deal. After my cruise, I have another week to go over to San Antonio and then take our time getting home. It's all about the journey, not necessarily the destination! :D

Galveston and San Antonio will welcome you, and are a good combination for a road trip in Texas . While in SA go to Gruene. We live in Galveston . One fun event in Galveston that time of year is Dickens on the Strand.

Galveston and San Antonio will welcome you, and are a good combination for a road trip in Texas . While in SA go to Gruene. We live in Galveston . One fun event in Galveston that time of year is Dickens on the Strand.

We're looking forward to the trip - we normally just do a road trip but we're trying a cruise for the first time. I'm so excited now I can't stand it! Looking forward to seeing Texas in October!

We're looking forward to the trip - we normally just do a road trip but we're trying a cruise for the first time. I'm so excited now I can't stand it! Looking forward to seeing Texas in October!

Tell the kind of things you enjoy doing and we can help! :)

Actually, we drove from Southern IL to Galveston. It took about 15 hours. We split it up going down, but drove straight home when finished with the cruise. (ready to be home) We usually fly if we are going to FL and will fly in about 30 days to Fort Lauderdale to go on IOS. I was reading about all of the problems people were having getting from the airport to Galveston, and my husband and I just decided to drive it. We are retired and have the time to drive.(which he prefers)

Actually, we drove from Southern IL to Galveston. It took about 15 hours. We split it up going down, but drove straight home when finished with the cruise. (ready to be home) We usually fly if we are going to FL and will fly in about 30 days to Fort Lauderdale to go on IOS. I was reading about all of the problems people were having getting from the airport to Galveston, and my husband and I just decided to drive it. We are retired and have the time to drive.(which he prefers)

Retired is the key word here. :D We can't add the extra drive time to our vacations. Flights are bad enough, because we still lose a work vacation day on either end of the vacation. :D

We'll have to try Liberty out of Galveston in 2017. I need her for my Crystal Block collection. Pretty sure SW flies direct from Orlando to Hobby

We got a Crystal block by mistake on Naviagtor, it said congrats on your 420 cruise?? We told our cabin steward but they told us to keep it, should be getting another one of my April or September cruise

We got a Crystal block by mistake on Naviagtor, it said congrats on your 420 cruise?? We told our cabin steward but they told us to keep it, should be getting another one of my April or September cruise

Cool ! :D

At the risk of hijacking a Galveston thread, I'll share my experience with Global Entry at Port Everglades on November 6, arriving on the Allure T/A. I saw the sign. Another gentleman asked the lady standing at the sign if this was the Global Entry line? Answer was yes, but you can only access it if you have your Global Entry card. We went over and were sent directly to the front of the line to clear customs. The customs agent advised that it wasn't "Global Entry" in the classic sense of the word...as in using a kiosk. But local authorities had made the decision to offer expedited clearance, basically a cut to the front of the line, to those who have Global Entry.

It was the first time the physical card has proven useful to me. A few days later, Port Everglades tweeted that this was now offered in all their cruise terminals. For what it's worth, I blogged about it here.

I had the exact same experience returning in September on Oasis. I had just collected my luggage and I saw a GE sign off to the right and I asked a lady nearby and she asked to see my card. She opened a door in the pony wall and let me through and I walked right up to an open CBP booth and was done in an instant! Greatest thing ever!! So keep an eye out for the GE standing sign at ports and ask if it's notclear where to go. There were no kiosks at Port Everglades.