Mediterranean cruises for spring 2016 prices sooo high!

travellerin1984

These prices, and the fact that this line is no longer the premium line it once was, plus the fact that Celebrity doesn't seem to want my money or loyalty because we're not in our 30's anymore, has caused us to move our money and loyalty to Oceania. We have become so disenchanted with the Celebrity product and the apparent attitude of Celebrity Corporate that we're talking with our wallets.

Is this some sort of joke? Where is San Bernardino? How many South Americans are running towards California for a better life?

I believe the poster you're referring to is trolling, just hoping to stir folks up. The rest of us will continue to enjoy as many cruises as we can and to as many places as we can. :)

Also because of my reasoning I believe that the cruise lines will reposition more cruises away from Europe until these issues are resolved ;). We here on the West coast of the USA feel we will see more itineraries pegged towards Pacific ocean ports in 2016 .;)

Not a chance. Their itineraries for 2016 are locked in (we have 3 booked in Europe) and 2017 is locked in (we have 2 booked in Europe).

IF they reposition, which would be the 2018-2019 season at the earliest, it would be nuts to trade the area with the highest per diems (Europe) for one that traditionally has had one of the lowest per diems (West Coast--because of hard to sell) would be fiscal insanity.

Thanks, but we will continue to sail Europe. Never even considered not going, but then we flew to Istanbul a month after 9/11, have been in Bangkok with the Red Shirt/Yellow Shirt issues (2 different trips). It is what it is and we refuse to cower in the corner for a one in a million (at BEST) fear.

I cannot speak to Spring pricing, but here is one comparison.

We were on the Equinox 11-day Greece/Turkey cruise in October 2012. This was the last Europe cruise of the season. We were in Concierge with Premium beverage pkg and prepraid gratuities. I just priced the 2016 end-of-season cruise (on Reflection). It is identical except that Istanbul has been replaced with a couple of additional Greek islands. In Concierge, with the same amenities, the price is 10% higher than 2012. Furthermore, the 2016 cruise offers Aqua class for the same price. So, at least in this case, any price increase is pretty minimal over 4 years.

we are not booking any cruises to Europe or the Med . Reason is simple I believe that cruise prices must drop & drop substantially because they will not be filled . Reason for what I just said are the terrorist attacks that already happened & what could come in the future .Additionally there are many hundreds of thousands of misplaced refugees & perhaps more to come in 2016 running away from the terrorists towards Europe for safety

Also because of my reasoning I believe that the cruise lines will reposition more cruises away from Europe until these issues are resolved ;). We here on the West coast of the USA feel we will see more itineraries pegged towards Pacific ocean ports in 2016 .;)

I see you live in San Diego, California. Is that quite close to San Bernardino, California?;)

I cannot speak to Spring pricing, but here is one comparison.

We were on the Equinox 11-day Greece/Turkey cruise in October 2012. This was the last Europe cruise of the season. We were in Concierge with Premium beverage pkg and prepraid gratuities. I just priced the 2016 end-of-season cruise (on Reflection). It is identical except that Istanbul has been replaced with a couple of additional Greek islands. In Concierge, with the same amenities, the price is 10% higher than 2012. Furthermore, the 2016 cruise offers Aqua class for the same price. So, at least in this case, any price increase is pretty minimal over 4 years.

I was on the Solstice 12 day out of Barcelona during the same time period (last Europe cruise of the season). The 2016 end of season cruise (on Equinox out of Barcelona) is more than double in price and is only a 10 night itinerary; however, it includes the Go Better deal. My 2012 itinerary didn't include any perks.

Personally, I'd rather pay the lower price without the perks.

Edited by lovemylab

Hi Lovemylab. The inclusions in "Go Better," especially the drinks, are only valid for comparative purposes if you would buy the package on your own if it were not included. Some of us would, some would not, so I can certainly understand your point of view. Your comparison of cruises out of Barcelona and mine out of Rome really show how prices will vary (and fluctuate over time) depending on how X estimates demand and how well their estimates pan out.

Going to Mexico again this winter along with thousands of Americans and Canadian. Been doing this for 20 years.

Have a July 2016 cruise out of Bacelona around the Iberian pennisula booked since Jan 2015. We got the 123 promo and booked a C1 aft.Price has not dropped, final payemnt due in March. Our roll call gets new members each week

Will book a 2017 European cruise too. Waiting for the 2017 schedule to be released.

Have a July 2016 cruise out of Bacelona around the Iberian pennisula booked since Jan 2015.

Remember cruises out of Barcelona must have a non-EU port included in its itinerary to avoid the Onboard VAT tax which is 10%-21% of all purchases. Celebrity don't tell you this until you board.

Remember cruises out of Barcelona must have a non-EU port included in its itinerary to avoid the Onboard VAT tax which is 10%-21% of all purchases. Celebrity don't tell you this until you board.

The Iberian Cruise will call in at Gibraltar (IIRC) - This is a non EU Port