You think Cheers is restrictive??

momof3cruisers

Come on get real, I'm not boasting. That being said they make more than enough money off of the drinks packages. For they know that you will not drink to the max every day. And how many times have you followed a simple rule? Everyone breaks rules no matter how good they think they are!!

I'll assume you must be the CEO of Carnival then since you think it's up to you to decide how much is enough and also to decide when it's okay to break the rules because maybe they are just guidelines to you???

I am retired military. I follow all rules and regulations and in the civilian world, if I don't like someone else's rules I just don't use that business (unlike in the military). I, nor you, have any right to break their rules (actually law since what you did is considered theft).

Everyone breaks rules. If that rationalization that you can't even begin to prove is what gets you to sleep at night. :rolleyes:

If I purchase the cheers for my room can we drink when we get on board in Port?(Charleston) I heard it doesnt work in nassau and half moon cay . Can u drink in those ports while the ship is docked

Nassau is a town and has nothing to do with Carnival (except for the ships stopping there). On HMC, you can (must) purchase all drinks individually of the Cheers program.

I don't see where I'm judging anyone, really, but whatever.

You're absolutely correct. 20=20. It doesn't sound like you're down to have a logical debate, so I'll just say good job on working the system, man!

Actually, no, it would be 20 or 19. Stealing the 20th is against the rules. Drinking the 20th yourself (actually 15th since this is Carnival) is not against the rules. They can rationalize it any way they want but theft is theft. Plain and simple.

Wow...I was just browsing the NCL site as we are looking into sailing them to Alaska. Granted, they often offer their beverage package as a choice of one of their freebie deals, but still.

Not only do all over 21 have to get the package if one person does, it also applies to anyone sailing in your party--"traveling with"--is how it is stated. So, if you link your reservation to your friends or family for any reason, you all have to purchase the package. Even If you are in connecting cabins on Carnival, the other people don't have to get the package. Plus, if there are people under 21 traveling with you, they are required to get the soda package if the adults buy the alcohol package on NCL. Also, adult soda prices start at 13 (On Carnival, it's 18) and it's more expensive as a base price plus an 18% gratuity instead of 15%.

Sheesh. I guess I will be happy with that 15 drink limit! Grass isn't always greener.....

Off topic... I am cruising on CCL for the first time in a decade. My last CCL cruise was NOT to my liking. Since then I had selected NCL. I am back at CCL because of the changes and added fees at NCL.

Edited by untailored bostonian

Actually, no, it would be 20 or 19. Stealing the 20th is against the rules. Drinking the 20th yourself (actually 15th since this is Carnival) is not against the rules. They can rationalize it any way they want but theft is theft. Plain and simple.

We agree on this.