Does Carnival?

CrazieNCruisingGypsy2

Hurray!!! It is the weekend!!! Shoot...I must be in need of a real vacation myself...I woke up this morning...dreaming about being OFF from work!!!

You guys are going to have a great time on your trip...and the balcony...yeah...maybe that will be a good place for you when you sail off...that totally could be...we've never made that though...we typically like to be on the very top deck...with the crowd!!!

As for Survivor....OF COURSE I watched....Leslie...the day I don't watch...expect me to be in the hospital on life support....and yes...it was a bit shocking...I think I was MOST surprised at how they blind sided Brian....especially AFTER they talked him up so much....(what was it that Bobby John said,...."he's a kamakazee...ready to bust a wedge"....)....Oops...or do I really mean....we're going to vote him OFF!!!! And then Judd and his whole thing...that was a mess too!!! He painted a BIG OLD target on his back!!! But you know...seriously...I really wouldn't care...I wouldn't be on that show....thinking about the money...or winning...for one second...I would just be there to compete...and experience it all!!! NOW, if they would just do a "Survivor, The Cruise Ship Empire,"....I'd be on that one!!!

We have usually been 'among the crowd' when leaving the port, but I want to make full use of this balcony! Never know if I'll ever get to stay in another one again! As I've been telling people at work, we could never even afford to LOOK at a balcony much less BOOK a balcony! Which we probably could, but my DH wants to spend our money other ways (excursions, gifts, foo foo drinks, etc.) He says you don't spend enough time in your room to justify the cost...but I think I'm gonna like this balcony so much he may be in BIG trouble!

On the roll call for the day we want to go there is a guy who says he's booked Joyce Prince in St. Thomas (I think it's St. Thomas). Have you heard of her? She supposedly gives personal tours and it's like $75 for the day. I want to go snorkeling but that guy something about being able to go horseback riding on the beach...which I think would be wonderful too!

We even watched Survivor on our last cruise! There was a group of us that went to the bar and had the bartender change the channel so we could watch it! I think Judd may be in trouble if he doesn't calm down a little bit. My DS is all into the show too! He sits and yells at the TV when the team he likes doesn't win! (I think he likes Bobby John's team) I couldn't be on that show, I couldn't eat half the stuff they have to eat! I could do all the other stuff, just not the bugs and stuff! YUCK! Now, "Survivor, The Cruise Ship Empire", I could do that!!!

I'm glad I'm not cruising right now! Wilma is doing some major damage in Cancun! I know of someone that is leaving for their cruise today. They are going on RCCL and are doing the Eastern Carribean, so I think they'll be okay. There was another person at work that got his Cruise extended to 10 days because of Rita. They couldn't get back to Galveston and had to skirt the storm to get to Ft. Lauderdale. They could have actually cruised for 14 days for an extra $150, but didn't! NOT ME! I'd tell them "Where do I sign up?" Work could survive WITHOUT me!

We love the balconies too!!! I really hope you guys enjoy it...its great to get up in the morning and to step out into the sunrise...or relax at night, vegging, watching the ocean go by....or be getting ready in your room....FOR YOUR EXCURSIONS...and be able to be getting ready...whilst you walk out onto your balcony...and watch the whole ship pull into port! There are lots of nice things about the balconies! The only thing that I don't like...is that they are really not near as private as they could be...and everyone around you, next to you, above you, etc...can really see fairly well...into your balcony...but oh well....and again....my favorite time is at night. I can get a bucket of beer, a pack of smokes....and sit out on the balcony and watch the world go by....that really is something!

As for the St. Thomas thing....I haven't heard of that person....but that may be great...(we've only been there once...and like I mentioned...we did Coral World and the BOB)...which the BOB was great! Anyhow...I'm sure there are lots and lots of good options out there...shoot you can hardly go wrong...with the right attitude...EVERY excursion...is fantastic! Remember...whatever you do....IT AIN'T BORGER! Nothing against Borger though...just...it ain't that! Shoot...most people would probably think Amarillo is the arm pit of the world...and we love it here!

P.S. Good to see that you are out there this morning!

Well, it's Sunday and that makes me sad! :( I don't get any real time off again for another month.

As for Borger being the armpit of the world: I AGREE! I'm originally from Oklahoma, and I'm still trying to figure out WHY I wanted to move here. (It's a good job is the only reason I can think of!) There's nothing to do here and you can't tell if they're tearing it down or building here!

I like Amarillo though. It's easy to get around and there's plenty to do. I just hated the drive to work!

Next weekend will be busy for us. DH is coming in on Thursday. I hardly ever go to Amarillo and when he's here we go nearly EVERYDAY!

And as for the Balcony and the bucket of beer...I can see DH doing that! And we're trying to explain to DS what it's all about, so I think he's looking forward to it!

Well, stay warm today...it's gotten a little chilly out there!

You had said in a previous post that you liked the Conquest a lot...you know it's in Galveston now??? Easy to get to...and I loved Galveston when we drove down there last year for our cruise. (Not that you're DW doesn't need that new dining room table, but maybe the money you can save on Air fare would help defer the cost on those premium prices you LIKE paying so much!)

I couldn't live in Borger...just too small for me! I know lots of people that love small places like that though...just not for me.

As for the Conquest.....OH, we have totally thought about that....my parents are cruising on the Conquest in January. We went on it...two years ago....and sure we'd love to go again....its a good ship! I just hate saving money though....I prefer paying as much for things as I possibly can!!! Of course...that is just a joke....but it does seem that way sometimes!

Well...we did our Walmart trip for the week this morning....sort of watching the NASCAR race....Cowboys at 3:00.....big day can you tell!

Actually, Borger isn't THAT small! My home town is a total of 500 people! I loved it though! You litterally knew everybody! I'm still best friends with one of the girls I went to school with. We have our 20 year reunion next year and I basically know where everybody is now.

We did go to Amarillo yesterday, DH's nephew had a BD party at Mr. Gatti's...Oh boy, was that fun...NOT. We didn't get home until Midnight! Now, that's late for me! I'm usually in bed by 9!

I watched a little of the race, unfortunately JG won! YUCK! I just can't stand him or JJ! I didn't see what happened to Jr.

Speaking of saving money, we had been saving to go on a cruise next year! So, with us winning this one, it made it a lot cheaper. I don't know if I told you but it's gonna cost about $500 for DS to go with us! Not bad! We can use all that extra money on our incidentals!

I'm just hoping Carnival won't charge us a lot extra to fly in the day before. From what I've been reading, it will be a nightmare to fly in the day of our cruise. I don't want that stress or worry! And I don't want to miss any of my cruise because of not making it on time!

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not slamming Borger....I'm really not....I was just saying that I couldn't live there....I need more...junk in my city. My wife is from Canyon...and we go there all the time...and I like Canyon....(just I couldn't live there either)....I know what you mean though....about knowing everyone....I feel like I do that in Amarillo! Anyhow...seriously....I'm not trashing Borger...to each his own....I have lots of friends and family that live in small towns!

Jeepers....Hey...if your 20th is next year....I guess that would make us....THE EXACT SAME AGE!!! Good Grief...there's another thing! NASCAR, Cruises, Hate Jeff Gordon, Love Dale Jr., Panhandle of Texas, Exact same age....(this maybe an episode of The Twilight Zone)....what's next?!?! Anyhow...have a good day...I'm off to work!

I know you weren't slamming Borger...I was just saying that it's not as small as it could be! Borger is a VERY BORING town! The only reason I live here is because of my job, otherwise, I'd live in Amarillo or someplace BESIDES BORGER! I'm not real happy with the way they recently redid the school system either...so if I had a choice, my DS would be going to school else where.

So, since we're the same age...where did you graduate HS from? My DH graduated from Caprock. You never know you guys might know each other! When he was in HS he looked like he was 12...only difference in him now is he has less hair! When he got out of school he went into the Navy for 6 years. I met him 10 years ago when he was working for ZCC and the rest, you could say, is history! We've been married for 7 1/2 years. He was married once before and has 2 girls (I think I may have told you that). I've been married twice before and have 1 daughter. I guess you could say 3rd time's a charm for me! Then he and I have our DS...and boy is he a toot! He's JUST LIKE HIS DADDY!

It was because of him being in the Navy that I had a hard time getting him to go on his first cruise, but once he did, he LOVED it! Now it's the only vacation that he really wants to do and enjoys! We went to our first NASCAR race last year and he loves that too! He wanted season tickets but because of his job it really wouldn't be feasible for us to do that too.

Well....where to begin! As for HS...I went to Amarillo High....but I did have two sisters that went to Caprock...who knows...maybe the DH knows one of them! My slightly older sister was a Cheerleader at Caprock...and my younger sister....was a book worm! Our family lives in the Amarillo High district...but neither one of my sisters wanted to go there. Amarillo High is VERY click-y, snobby, big-money, competitive and a perfect place for that "stereo-typical" nightmare-ish High School Experience. I however, did go there...and had a good time!

Oh...I went to Texas A&M for college....so yes, I am an Aggie!!!

You know...I wasn't in the Navy or anything....but I was also very skeptical...when my wife drug me, kicking and screaming...on our first cruise (and don't get me wrong here...we've only cruised as much as you)....but anyhow...I really, really resisted going on the first one...because....we've been to like Cancun before...where we just flew down there...and stayed at an all-inclusive resort...and had A GREAT TIME....and this cruising thing was going to be more expensive than that....so why do it?!?! Well....I loved it! Probably even more than the wife...I took to it like mad!!! The second I saw the ship and got on board for the first time...that was it!!! Now...its the only kind of vacation we want to go on! We've slipped in a couple of trips to Vegas between cruises....and a little skiing...but when it comes to something big...for us....its a cruise!

We went to our first NASCAR race in maybe 96...then just kept going and going and going...we did the season ticket things too...when the Texas track first opened...but we ended up skipping ONE Indy race entirely...and didn't like the other Indy race that we went to....so we just buy tickets for the NASCAR race...and in fact...we have missed the last two years...otherwise....we have been at every Texas NASCAR race.

My wife and I have actually both been married before too...just once each....she married a monster loser at 18...and it didn't work...and I married Satan right after college....WHEW....was that an experience...did you know Satan could take the form of a woman...(I didn't know that)...boy was I surprised!!! Talk about embarrassing...should have seen the look on my face when I found out!!!

Trip to the Courthouse for marriage certificate - $25

Rent for First apartment together - $400

Good divorce attorney - $1,000

Two years of unknown accumulated debt - $60,000

Actually marrying Satan - Priceless!

Okay, now I'm starting to hear that music!

Your wife's first marriage sounds like MY first marriage, and your first Marriage sounds like MY second marriage!

And you like Vegas! How funny is that! We've gone to Vegas every year since 1996! My DH worked there for 6 months this past year!

I graduated from Southwestern Oklahoma State University. But every time Texas plays OU, I sing 'BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER' to the DH! He still owes me from a bet from two years ago where OU stomped Texas! And the only thing the Aggies have going for them is their Colors! :p And if I could do upside down horns on here I would!

One of these weeks when the DH is home, we should get together. (It would have to Amarillo, I SUPPOSE! :))

Tell me this, why is that men are so hard to convince that there is a lot of fun to be had, if they would just try something different???!! Now, if she hadn't taken you kicking, screaming, and all that other good stuff, look at what all you would have missed out on! I actually think the price of a cruise is a lot cheaper than some other vacations we've looked into!

I'm really glad I met you on this board. There are not a lot of people around here that have that much in common with the DH and myself! Its fun just talking to you!

Well..Leslie...I agree...I have had fun talking to you too....and sure getting together sometime would be great!

I wish I had more time this morning to chat...but I'm running a little late...guess I'm just not moving very fast today! Its early ya know...and I'm getting ready for work!

Oh...brother...you and the boomer sooner stuff...(you know I hate that song)....but I'll go into that more later when I can.

Also....normally I am VERY open to trying new things....my wife...she is totally a meat and potatoes kind of gal....but I always push her to try new things...but for the cruise...yeah...I was reluctant...it was just the cost...about two years before...we had gone to Cancun....and spent $2,300 total...on the whole thing....our first cruise probably cost....$3,500+....and that was just my sticking point....but I got WAY over that!!!

Off to work!

You don't like my song! :p

You guys spent a lot more on your cruises than we have! Our first was $1200 for the 3 of us and that included air fare and was a 5 day cruise. The second was $1500 and was a 7 day. We drove down that time. I don't think our S&S was ever over $800 for either cruise. I tend to buy to many pictures, but oh, well, it's my vacation! We didn't get to go any where this year, but we had been planning on one next year. We would like to go at Spring Break but it's just not feasible with my work.

Hope your day at work went well! Mine are just getting better all the time! Counting down the time until I get to go on MY CRUISE! WAHOO!!!!

Yeah...I guess maybe we spend more than we should...first off...we just book the thing....and get a balcony...and always have airfare involved...and an excursion at every stop....and typically something at the departure port...before and after the cruise...etc. etc. etc. It adds up....but like I said...its just me and the DW...no kids...so sometimes....we just kind of do things....I pay some attention to what they cost....but not THAT much!

Well...egads...off to work again! I had a long day at work yesterday...didn't afford me much time on the computer....hopefully today will be better!

I forgot that you guys get to 'premium' prices for your cruise too! We have a lot more options in what we book. Our first one was at the end of March and our second was the end of February. So, the prices we've paid have been extremely discounted, and we've usually booked within 3 weeks of going. We do excursions, we just usually don't do the most expensive ones.

Ohhhh....Leslie...you are sooooo right there....I never saw this one coming....the PREMIUM prices thing! When my wife and I first met...she didn't have an education...she just worked whatever odd jobs she could find...you know $6/hour kind of things. I, I was always an engineer...but my job is flexible...I have good benefits and good vacation...but so anyhow...we did whatever whenever...but soon we decided my wife needed to get an education and get a real job...(if you will)...and she wanted to be a teacher...so that's what we did...and the whole time she was in college...vacations were very open and easy to come by...remember we have no kids...but...(and this is the part I didn't see coming...cause I'm STUPID)....but for my wife's College Graduation...we took our first cruise...and loved it! HOWEVER, right after that...wife got her first teaching job....(and still no kids)...but WE are more slaves to the school year...than people with kids are! And that means...for cruises...and literally ANY other vacations you take...ALL industries...JACK UP THE RATES THE SECOND THAT SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!

Our balcony room...booked about 6 months ahead...this past summer...on RCI...on the Navigator...in JUNE...was $3,200....for just the cruise! Add $800 onto that for airfare to Miami, taxis, rental cars, hotels before and after, excursions at every stop...(expensive ones)..., and then our on board extras...drinks, pictures....anyhow...we easily spent $5,500 maybe more...on this summer's cruise!

By contrast...my parents are going on a 7 day Carnival in January...on the Conquest...inside room...but the whole thing is $900....plus they will just drive to Galveston....I have a sister that lives in Dallas...so they will spend the night there as a halfway point in the drive....but anyhow...they probably won't spend more than $1,400 for the whole thing! $1,400 will hardly pay for half of a balcony room in JUNE!!!

Anyhow...I never saw that coming...I just wasn't thinking about how TIED TO THE SCHOOL YEAR OUR LIVES WOULD BECOME!!! Everything we do is tied to the school...school activities...the school calendar...etc. etc. etc. School is our lives...(obviously my wife's more than mine...but I am directly connected.) Anyhow...so we get to pay the premium summer prices for everything! They ought to offer special teacher's discounts....because we have no choice....we don't have kids...but school is still our lives!!!

P.S. Don't get me wrong though...my wife loves teaching...and aside from the premium prices for cruises....we love everything there is about school. In fact...as we speak...my wife is practicing bad hair dos...and trying on pajamas....for "teacher's bed head day" at school tomorrow!

To be a teacher she would HAVE to LOVE what she does! Me, I couldn't be a teacher! That's why my degree is accounting! Numbers I can handle, Kids...I'd have to strangle! Not that I don't love my own kids! It's just that I couldn't be a stay at home mom (there are times I would like to be) or a teacher! I don't think teachers get paid enough for the education they provide for our children!

As for the PREMIUM prices you pay! I think it's a crock they do that! It's not fair AT ALL! Your wife paid for her education and she gets rewarded by having to pay such AWFUL prices for vacation! But That's MY OPINION!!!

Well, I got some good news and bad news today...Good news: WE GOT OUR PASSPORTS! BAD NEWS: My son's passport is WRONG! He was born in Amarillo, and they show his Place of Birth: CALIFORNIA! You would think for the price we paid for the passports they could AT THE VERY LEAST GET IT RIGHT!!! I am SOOOO MAD!

Good Grief!!! That's a pain....California huh?!?! Well...fortunately....you have plenty of time before the cruise to get it fixed....so that's good too! Just more crud to deal with!

A Bean Counter eh?!?! Is that what you do at the oil factory?!?!

I have my degree in Mechanical Engineering...and that really is what I do...I do engineering! You know...so many people get degrees in this or that...but then through the course of their life...often they end up working in a function that has nothing to do with their degree.

Yes, I'm a bean counter!!

Yes, it was good to see Jr. leading...just wish he had won...

I can't believe they put California either! Someone said "Well, maybe you were on some really good drugs when you had him!" I told them "NO, I knew exactly what was going on because he was born 22 minutes after we got to the hospital!" AND IT WASN'T CALIFORNIA!

DH was here this weekend, so I didn't get on the computer much. His plane left at 8am this morning, so we had to get up at 4AM! ON A SUNDAY! Boy was I not a happy person!

Yeah....I was really, REALLY hoping...and thinking for a while there...that Jr. was going to win...but alas!!!

Boy that must be kind of tough...having the DH gone so much....has he been doing this kind of work/job for a long time now?!?!

Well...off to you know where!

He has been working 'on the road' basically since 1999. This is the first job he's had that they pay to fly him home. It's kinda nice! He comes home every three weeks. I tell everybody at work I have the perfect marriage...when I get mad at him I just send him back to where he came from! Then the next time he's home all's forgotten! He is currently the General Electrical Foreman over a job that is building a Ethanol plant in Rochelle IL. It's actually the best job he's ever had, but it's like it was made just for him. He loves it.

The hardest part has been my DS. He's gotten to where he realizes daddy's gonna be gone for a little while, and he tries not to cry when he tells him goodbye, but it's really hard when you're seven. This time my DH told DS to "Take care of Mommy", so my DS took that to mean "I'm the boss!" Boy has that been fun!

Don't have to much fun at....oh, I just can't say it this early in the morning! But you know what I mean!

Well that's great that the DH loves his job so much...I just wouldn't like that much travel myself...and I'm sure that is hard on the DS! I was lucky in that respect...I had a stay at home Mom and a Dad that worked...at....well...the same place that I do!!! My parents are retired now though!

So my DW is a teacher in Amarillo...for AISD...and I do what I do! Sometimes I have to travel with my job...but its usually not too bad....however, since I've been at my job for 15 years now....over the years...I've actually been to quite a few places for work...like, San Fransico, New York City, New Jersy, Pittsburgh, Denver, Houston, Dallas, Las Vegas, Tampa, Roanoke-Virginia, Oak Ridge-TN, Chicago, just all over...there are many more places...but that's enough to list. Some trips I have REALLY enjoyed...but other ones...are just WORK!!!

Well...gotta get ready for Halloween...we don't have kids...but will have visitors...and the niece and nephew will stop by!

Hope you had a Happy Halloween! And didn't scare the kids too much!;) It was a busy weekend for us and this week seems to be even busier. I haven't been on the board very much becuase of being so busy! My daycare center closed last week (with a 4 day notice), so I've been having to figure out what I'm gonna do with the DS after school. There's not a lot of Daycare in Borger so it's been really hard. My neighbor has been kind enough to pick him up for me and she has been my only saving grace.

On top of that it's been a rough week for me emotionally. Tomorrow (Nov. 3) is the 3rd anniversary of my daddy's death. I still remember it like it's yesterday. I would take the day off work but can't. Plus it will probably help to be busy. They know to ignore me when I'm sitting at my desk with tears rolling down my face though!

This is the first job my DH has liked this much. He would like to be home, but you have to go where the money is. He has worked in Rodeo, CA; Las Vegas, NV, Bunkie, LA; San Antonio, TX; Edinburg, TX...and MANY MANY MORE! Hopefully (:rolleyes: ) I will get to quit my job in 6 years! Then I can be that stay at home mom! :)

DH has told me I'm 'eat up' with this Cruise stuff! I found out that I have a pair of PJ's that I wear all the time that have Miami postage stamps all over them! I didn't know that until the DH pointed it out! Oh, well, I'll be a VERY INFORMED cruiser when we go this time! I've already learned more on here than I ever knew on our first cruise.

Well...sorry about your father....and also...sorry about the Daycare...hang in there! I don't have a whole lot of time this morning...somehow I seem to be running a few minutes behind normal.

To me...part of the fun...of a big trip....IS the planning and anticipation of it...both me and the DW get really excited....and read everything we can...shoot...on our honeymoon...my wife literally had two weeks of stuff...planned down to the minute!!! NOT really...but that was about the most research and information gathering...I'd ever seen on a trip! She came in handy though!!!

Well...I hope you have a decent day...I will check back tonight when I get home!

Archived