Do Fort-de-France taxi-vans take credit cards?

jeph

I will be part of a party of six planning an independent excursion by hiring a taxi-van right off the pier after exiting the ship on the morning of Jan 7th. IF they are now equipped to accept credit cards, as U.S. cabs generally are, that would cut way down on the amount of Euros we would need to have in hand...Does anyone have first-hand recent experience on this point?

...As you see, there's not much viewer traffic here, so I went to "Ask a Cruise Question" where there's so much more, and quickly got multiple replies. The consensus is clear: even if you COULD pay by credit card, people consider that too risky.

• 3 months later...
...As you see, there's not much viewer traffic here, so I went to "Ask a Cruise Question" where there's so much more, and quickly got multiple replies. The consensus is clear: even if you COULD pay by credit card, people consider that too risky.

Risky? Losing cash is risky as you cannot get it back once lost/taken... paying by CC and having a false charge removed is less risky... However, I use CC's for as many transactions as I can on vacation and have NEVER had an issue. I use my CC's on all the islands.