Alaska

iamyuneek

We enjoyed our one way Northbound....Vancouver to Anchorage.

The air cost more....but what a trip.

Alaska is wonderful.......we saw glaciers....whales....interesting places with a real history.

We went in early September....the end of the season.

I think it might be nice to go in May..to see even more Ice in the water.

I suppose some might perfer June-July-August as it is a little warmer. But hey....It's Alaska....

We stayed over in Anchorage....and took the Alaska Railroad to Danali Park for 2 nights...(a package through the railroad)..Home of Mt. Mckinley......saw moose.....Elk...bear....etc...

We booked the train on our own and saved a lot of money, instead of through the cruise line. http://www.akrr.com/

lynncanal.jpg

We enjoyed our one way Northbound....Vancouver to Anchorage.

The air cost more....but what a trip.

Alaska is wonderful.......we saw glaciers....whales....interesting places with a real history.

We went in early September....the end of the season.

I think it might be nice to go in May..to see even more Ice in the water.

I suppose some might perfer June-July-August as it is a little warmer. But hey....It's Alaska....

We stayed over in Anchorage....and took the Alaska Railroad to Danali Park for 2 nights...(a package through the railroad)..Home of Mt. Mckinley......saw moose.....Elk...bear....etc...

We booked the train on our own and saved a lot of money, instead of through the cruise line. http://www.akrr.com/

lynncanal.jpg

For clairfication there is no elk in Denali Park, most likely refering to Caribou.

Stunning Alaska pictures. Thanks for sharing.

How long was the train ride from Anchorage to Denali. did you take it RT? What other options are there, since it would be over $1,000.00 for us to take it RT.

Thanks for any advice.

Anchorage/Denali Park is 8 hours. The best option for cutting costs is to use a http://www.toursaver.com coupon with the Princess lodge and rail road, 2 for 1. Have offered it the last several years. ONLY consider the 2 night package, not the one night. Book a shuttle independent into the Park.

Archived