Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 52

pierces

You are more than welcome Tom!

This year is the fourth in the project and I have found the "pressure" to produce at least one usable photo a week has kept me in touch with a hobby that has made my life....well, better. It has cemented memories of good times, documented the growth of our family, recorded our travels and generated a lot of good ol' fun for yours truly.

I'm heartened by the fact that so many have joined the thread and posted their contributions. It is a good sign that I'm not crazy taking on year-long projects for fun! (or at least, not alone!)

I hope that all the people who only viewed the weekly threads this year will join in for 2016 and post.

Happy Shooting!

Dave

After traveling across Interstate 70 from Ohio to Kansas, we are now enjoying the warm Midwest temperatures. Sorry, no White Christmas here!!

Here are some of my outdoor and food pictures from Kansas today.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 129,825 views for this posting.

Here is the look of the Kansas prairie early this am. The fog and cool temperatures created a "frosting" of the ground that half-way looked a little a light snow. Third is the loin roast as it is prepared to go on the Green Egg smoker/grill. More pictures later!:

Nov2015PixsA1_zpsnxivvjsb.jpg

Nov2015PixsA2_zps10jpqudv.jpg

Nov2015PixsA3_zpsbuc1fxfa.jpg

Here is how the beef looked as it was being carved. Second are some of the roasted brussels sprouts with cranberries. Finally, here is how my plate looked with the mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, cold salad, etc. Lots of gravy!! So good!!:

Nov2015PixsA5_zpsidrqtsvm.jpg

Nov2015PixsA4_zpsmqwbnrdp.jpg

Nov2015PixsA6_zps9oluu8sq.jpg

Twice as old as the average male lion and way too cool to submit to the weekly bath and brushing inflicted on the others, this great- (great-great?) grandson of the original MGM movie logo lion shows us why the term "King of the Beasts" was bestowed upon his species.

The Lion King

p1716338633-5.jpg

Dave