2017 Brides!

BimTheDuck

I'm getting ready to send out Save The Dates to my A guest list. My wedding is booked for 9/25/17 on Carnival Inspiration. Our A list is almost 50 people long.

I have a question for all you ladies that are further along in your wedding planning. What was the percentage of invited guest sailing with you?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We are getting married March 19 on NCL Getaway.

We invited somewhere around 150 (knowing many would not come). We have 62 guests, 20 sailing.

Most of our family is from out of town and the cruise is on my spring break (I am a teacher), but they're not on break, so we knew it would be a small group. I'm very happy with the size of our group. I wanted to keep it small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm getting ready to send out Save The Dates to my A guest list. My wedding is booked for 9/25/17 on Carnival Inspiration. Our A list is almost 50 people long.

I have a question for all you ladies that are further along in your wedding planning. What was the percentage of invited guest sailing with you?

I am getting married March 18th on the Paradise at port. We have 48 people coming to the wedding and out of those 27 people sailing with us.

I will be honest and admit both my fiancé and I thought we might be sailing on our own but we are happy to that we already have 10 people booked and we just sent out our Save the Dates 3 weeks ago. I think we might end up with a good group joining us.

I have a question that I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me with. This is both my and my fianc?'s 2nd marraige. We consider ourselves lucky to have found love again. We are now combining two families. I have 3 son's (21, 19 & 15). He has one precious little girl who is 10. We want to incorporate a family ceremony but I'm at a lose on what gifts to present to them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello ALL! I might be the first in the group to be getting married in 2017. In just a few days, March 4, 2017, my FH and I will be getting married on the Carnival Miracle out of Long Beach, CA! I can't wait to write my review upon my return. :D

Any last minute tips for us or our guests? I have 50 non-sailing guests and 8 sailing guests. I know the ceremony will be in the Phantom Main Show Lounge, and the reception will be in Sam's Piano Bar.

THANKS in advance for any responses!!

Hello ladies and quite possibly gentlemen!

The 2015 Brides! and the 2016 Brides! threads have been EXTREMELY helpful. I've seen at least five 2017 brides in the last few weeks so I thought I would start a new thread for our wedding year! Who else has booked for 2017?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Breeze Sunday July 02, 2017! We're doing a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. We booked a category 8C balcony cabin last week along with the Time to Celebrate Big package. I secured the DJ option this morning so I know my reception will be held in the Liquid Nightclub.

I LOVE planning things so I know the next year and several months should be a lot of fun getting everything planned and organized. I can't wait to chat with you all about all things wedding!

I have a question that I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me with. This is both my and my fianc?'s 2nd marraige. We consider ourselves lucky to have found love again. We are now combining two families. I have 3 son's (21, 19 & 15). He has one precious little girl who is 10. We want to incorporate a family ceremony but I'm at a lose on what gifts to present to them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How about the Sand ceremony? All of them would be able to participate in it and the Cruise Line can accommodate it. I too will have a blended family, I have a teenage son and my FH has 3 daughters! We did not add any extras to our ceremony, but it was something I truly thought hard about. They will be in the wedding though as Bridesmaids, Jr. Bridesmaids and Jr. Groomsman. This is my first marriage and his second.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Me!!! We are getting married in September on the Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans. I am so NERVOUS!!!!!! I cant find anyone to show me how the decorations will look with out upgrades to know if I want upgrades and TWE is not very helpful :/

I found a few pictures on Google.

How about the Sand ceremony? All of them would be able to participate in it and the Cruise Line can accommodate it. I too will have a blended family, I have a teenage son and my FH has 3 daughters! We did not add any extras to our ceremony, but it was something I truly thought hard about. They will be in the wedding though as Bridesmaids, Jr. Bridesmaids and Jr. Groomsman. This is my first marriage and his second.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I had considered the sand ceremony but I like the idea of surprising them with something special. I just don't know what since my boys are almost grown and my future stepdaughter is so young.

Hello ALL! I might be the first in the group to be getting married in 2017. In just a few days, March 4, 2017, my FH and I will be getting married on the Carnival Miracle out of Long Beach, CA! I can't wait to write my review upon my return. :D

Any last minute tips for us or our guests? I have 50 non-sailing guests and 8 sailing guests. I know the ceremony will be in the Phantom Main Show Lounge, and the reception will be in Sam's Piano Bar.

THANKS in advance for any responses!!

How exciting for you! I hope it's everything you hope for and I can't wait for the review.

Our wedding was aboard the Carnival Splendor last week, so I thought I'd give you all a quick recap. I could not be happier with how the wedding turned out. Dewi, our wedding coordinator from Carnival aboard the ship, was absolutely amazing. We chose to do the one hour reception with hor d'oeuvres and added the DJ. The food was phenomenal. In hindsight, I wish I had asked Dewi or someone from my family to make up a plate to take back to my room because I didn't have a lot of time to eat because I was mingling with guests (we had 39 people total), dancing and taking photos. The time passes quickly, so don't fill it with speeches, bouquet tosses, etc. unless they're really important to you. We gave a thank you speech later that night at dinner. Our photographer was great and even went down to the beach with us after the wedding to take more photos. I posted a few so you could see some ideas of what they take. We negotiated to get a package of photos that we liked and were given the digital rights to everything we purchased. I plan to make an album on my own.

We purchased the social media internet package so that we could broadcast the wedding live on Facebook for our family who couldn't come. It worked pretty well, but the quality wasn't great so it did skip out and get fuzzy at times. I loved that everyone could see it as it was happening though. However, if you want a clear, crisp video of the ceremony, definitely have someone recording it separately.

I wouldn't change a minute of our wedding, and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a destination wedding. Our cruise hit some major snags (the Splendor broke down on the third day and had to turn around for Miami, cancelling half of our ports), but the wedding day itself was phenomenal.

Oh, one side note. If you plan to have a lot of your guests sailing with you, make sure you set aside some time just for you and your new husband. My husband and I booked the chef's table for the night after the wedding (a 3.5 hour long gourmet dining experience). It was fantastic! And it gave us some time separate from our guests, so we could celebrate on our own too.

17103290_10208650982093082_2121339990934624852_n.jpg.32eb702cf4d1a348eb72d0cb4e288bec.jpg

17103357_10208650970892802_3898786097977353721_n.jpg.240fd4f6127c4673c9784ac4075481c3.jpg

17190732_10208650978092982_5568098827508914771_n.jpg.73b8872e655168cd71be050698aa2b60.jpg

17200899_10208650970852801_8866272190932894725_n.jpg.f1da407b4a2e52c23724156ee2393ca2.jpg

17200983_10208650971532818_4669010687110463176_n.jpg.81df27adbfeca5f20a350c1365ed6593.jpg

Our wedding was aboard the Carnival Splendor last week, so I thought I'd give you all a quick recap. I could not be happier with how the wedding turned out. Dewi, our wedding coordinator from Carnival aboard the ship, was absolutely amazing. We chose to do the one hour reception with hor d'oeuvres and added the DJ. The food was phenomenal. In hindsight, I wish I had asked Dewi or someone from my family to make up a plate to take back to my room because I didn't have a lot of time to eat because I was mingling with guests (we had 39 people total), dancing and taking photos. The time passes quickly, so don't fill it with speeches, bouquet tosses, etc. unless they're really important to you. We gave a thank you speech later that night at dinner. Our photographer was great and even went down to the beach with us after the wedding to take more photos. I posted a few so you could see some ideas of what they take. We negotiated to get a package of photos that we liked and were given the digital rights to everything we purchased. I plan to make an album on my own.

We purchased the social media internet package so that we could broadcast the wedding live on Facebook for our family who couldn't come. It worked pretty well, but the quality wasn't great so it did skip out and get fuzzy at times. I loved that everyone could see it as it was happening though. However, if you want a clear, crisp video of the ceremony, definitely have someone recording it separately.

I wouldn't change a minute of our wedding, and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a destination wedding. Our cruise hit some major snags (the Splendor broke down on the third day and had to turn around for Miami, cancelling half of our ports), but the wedding day itself was phenomenal.

Oh, one side note. If you plan to have a lot of your guests sailing with you, make sure you set aside some time just for you and your new husband. My husband and I booked the chef's table for the night after the wedding (a 3.5 hour long gourmet dining experience). It was fantastic! And it gave us some time separate from our guests, so we could celebrate on our own too.

Congratulations! The photos are great - you look so lovely, and so very happy! I'll have to remember to request a plate to be made to take back with us.

• 3 weeks later...

We are getting married in St. Thomas on July 18, 2017. We're sailing on the Norwegian Escape. It's our first cruise on NCL & first cruise with family/friends. I've been a bit disappointed in NCL's group booking so far. They originally agreed to hold the prices for cabins but then didn't. Prices have gone way up, and most of the invited guests aren't attending due to the cost. I'm still very excited about the wedding, even if the only guests are immediate family.

Congratulations and good luck. Ncl is my cruise line of choice. Sorry to hear you had issues with them.

My daughter is getting married may 22 on carnival port of nassau. We have many people who said they would go change their mind for various reasons as well. It is disappointing. Enjoy your day, I hope it's the wedding of your dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellow Brides!

I'm getting married in Sept. 2017 on the Carnival Imagination. I was wondering what people's experience was of bringing decorations?

Also, any fun recommendations for group activities to do on the cruise?

Hello Fellow Brides!

I'm getting married in Sept. 2017 on the Carnival Imagination. I was wondering what people's experience was of bringing decorations?

Also, any fun recommendations for group activities to do on the cruise?

We just got married on NCL Getaway 3 weeks ago. It's difficult to bring things on the ship with arms full, so try to stick to minimal things. The only thing we brought were our guest book (a giant anchor), our thank you favors, flower girl basket w/ fake petals, a ring box, card box, a sign one of my flower girls held as she walked, and our OOT bags for our sailing guests. The ship is decoration enough. Our coordinators put our favors in the shape of an anchor and made the table beautiful (see photo below). I did not feel like any decor was missing.

a9ad80b2c4e1dff96aacad9c505804db.jpg70c33b2259eb1e3509cacdb85c32b134.jpg

Thank you! Your pictures are beautiful. What you described is almost exactly what I had hoped to bring except for some westeria to hang on the pillars at the ceremony.

You're welcome, and thank you! On NCL, they had pillars with flowers on them, there was no more decor necessary in my opinion.

Has anyone created a wedding door banner for their cabin? I'm considering ordering one from Shindigz, but am at a loss as to what to say on it?

What ship are you getting married on? There were strict rules on NCL- we actually got a letter as soon as we got to our room that told us to ensure we tell all of our guests not to put anything on our door or it would be removed and tossed out.

Has anyone created a wedding door banner for their cabin? I'm considering ordering one from Shindigz, but am at a loss as to what to say on it?

We are! Not sure what to put yet, but Carnival allows the ones from Shindigz. We are going to hang a sharpie from it and have people sign it as they walk by, and put where they are from.