VIFP Status Change on Docs

BiggDawg

All my cruises say "N" as well and priority is missing. Coming from an IT background the "N" could actually mean null. Could be the result of a code change (and poor QA) or it could be a database pull problem where those areas aren't populating properly because Carnivals system couldn't query a database to receive the latest update. Something similar happened to me with the VFIP newsletter showing the incorrect Red status. It took an escalation to their IT team to fix the problem with the database pull.

This definitely looks like a database and/or application process problem to me and hopefully they fix it soon.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

So, getting ready to cruise again on Carnival.

Last week, when I printed out our receipts and boarding passes, next to the VIFP Membership number it showed the level of each of the members of our party: They ranged from Blue to Platinum, depending on the person.

Today, for all members, it no longer shows level, but simply "N."

So, where it used to say: XXXXXXXXXX - Color

now it just shows: XXXXXXXXXX - N

It did this for all of us, regardless of level.

The only member of our party who would have changed status during the cruise was the Blue (obviously). None of the rest of us would have changed.

Any ideas on what "N" means?

Mine did the same thing. I printed off my boarding pass a couple weeks ago and it shows platinum; however, now online the boarding pass just shows an "N." Also, there is no priority on my luggage tags when I view them online.

My cruise is out of NOLA in January.

All my cruises say "N" as well and priority is missing. Coming from an IT background the "N" could actually mean null. Could be the result of a code change (and poor QA) or it could be a database pull problem where those areas aren't populating properly because Carnivals system couldn't query a database to receive the latest update. Something similar happened to me with the VFIP newsletter showing the incorrect Red status. It took an escalation to their IT team to fix the problem with the database pull.

This definitely looks like a database and/or application process problem to me and hopefully they fix it soon.

Just got off the phone with carnival and they don't know why it is doing that, they said they are "escalating it" and hopefully will be solved soon.

Well, maybe this is a systems glitch and they will get the database rebuilt
correctly
(and before it is too late!).

We are departing out of Charleston, so it looks as though this might be system-wide.

If I see it corrected, I will download for printing the boarding passes and luggage tags before it happens again.

If I see it get corrected I'll post that here, too.

Might I ask anyone else who sees it corrected first to do the same?

Too bad, too, as I had just recently commented to someone that considering the number of data records Carnival must be handling, they were doing an admirable job.

No so much, anymore...? :rolleyes:

Edited by BiggDawg

Last week, when I printed out our receipts and boarding passes, next to the VIFP Membership number it showed the level of each of the members of our party: They ranged from Blue to Platinum, depending on the person.

The only member of our party who would have changed status during the cruise was the Blue (obviously). None of the rest of us would have changed.

I called my PVP and she transferred me over to Carnival's tech support. After spending >30 minutes of waiting for that person to reach someone else, I was told Carnival knows there is an issue going on in the system causing what we're seeing. She stated they hope to have it resolved by Friday, but for anyone cruising before they get it resolved, they can just tell the porter at the pier they are priority (and can show them priority on your boarding pass), and they will tag your luggage with the orange sticker needed for priority luggage delivery.

Hope that helps clear up some of the confusion and questions.

Thank you for being the voice of reason here. I have the same problem with -N noted yesterday. It seems to involve everyone at this point. Thanks for the explanation and anything further you can offer would be nice. (better than the conspiracy theories)

Printed my documents out back in October. Shows my VIFP# and Gold. Must be something new. Has anyone contacted Carnival to ask what it means? My cruise is less than a month away.

I just checked my previously printed luggage tags and boarding passes, and they both say Platinum or Priority. When I look at the ones on the Carnival site, they do not. No priority, no Platinum. They say N. What IS going on?:confused: This cruise is scheduled for the end of January on the Victory.

I printed out our luggage tags last week, and they said Priority. Just checked and Priority is missing.

On our Jan. 9th cruise, it shows N after our names. On the Jan. 16th cruise, it shows Y after our names.

Our Boarding Passes do have Priority on them.

Weird!

I printed out our luggage tags last week, and they said Priority. Just checked and Priority is missing.

On our Jan. 9th cruise, it shows N after our names. On the Jan. 16th cruise, it shows Y after our names.

Our Boarding Passes do have Priority on them.

Weird!

We will be on the Glory with you!! 18 days!!

I just checked my previously printed luggage tags and boarding passes, and they both say Platinum or Priority. When I look at the ones on the Carnival site, they do not. No priority, no Platinum. They say N. What IS going on?:confused: This cruise is scheduled for the end of January on the Victory.

I have the same issue. Boarding pass states Priority, as I am platinum, but the luggage tags do not have priority on them anymore. I called and was told to ask the porters to place the priority sticker on at the pier before embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Printed my documents out back in October. Shows my VIFP# and Gold. Must be something new. Has anyone contacted Carnival to ask what it means? My cruise is less than a month away.

Yes. I contacted Carnival. There is a known issue going on. Please read my previous post. No need to panic. :) Happy Holidays!

The three of us show our VIFP numbers and the N after...we'll see...hopefully they'll get it fixed quick..I've already printed my docs back when I paid everything off. So glad I make that a practice. Thanks for the investigative work looking into it folks ...that's what makes this place awesome.

For my cruise coming up both of ours have an N next to our numbers. Noticed my luggage tags also don't indicate PRIORITY or Faster to the Fun like in the past and it should reflect with platinum.

Our boarding passes for our 2 cruises say Priority with a dash and an N. Our luggage tags for our 2 cruises that said Priority a week ago no longer say Priority. We are Platinum.

I have one idea. when Galveston went to selected check in times my already completed check in status went to not completed. I had done mine before the now policy had been put in place. I added the check in times and re-printed my boarding passes. If you are sailing in a port where they have started the check in times you may have to redo you boarding pass. Just a thought.

I just checked the luggage tags I printed earlier today, and yep, no Priority markings as usual. One thing also that was different is that there was not option to print an All-In-One Boarding Pass, just individual passes. Wonder if this is another symptom of the 'glitch'. Better fix it by Christmas!

I have one idea. when Galveston went to selected check in times my already completed check in status went to not completed. I had done mine before the now policy had been put in place. I added the check in times and re-printed my boarding passes. If you are sailing in a port where they have started the check in times you may have to redo you boarding pass. Just a thought.

Good idea, but I don't think that's it. We printed all of our Boarding Pases a few weeks ago...if I go in now, my wife and I both have Y's, but none of the people in my parents' room do. So weird!

Just checked our docs again... platinum status is still missing from the luggage tags. Have a few weeks for Carnival to solve the glitch but am bumping the thread hoping for updates :)

Whoah!

I just checked the luggage tags online and everything was gone!

I mean, the color code, the Priority label (actually it wasn't "Priority" but it meant the same), everything except the booking number and the cabin reference.

Fortunately I have the originals...

But I didn't get the boarding passes or luggage tags for the other two cabins. I hope this get straightened out before the cruise (in a week and a half).

Okay, I'll give a little update since I was the OP...

Just checked the luggage tags for my party. The color code has returned, so there is a
partial
fix, but the VIFP status is still "-N" I can deal with that as long as the tags are OK, and have faith they will get it fixed before a week has gone by (when we embark). :rolleyes:

Boarding passes and other docs still show "-N" as well.

Edited by BiggDawg
typos

Hey everybody - - it looks like the issue has been resolved. I checked this morning and the FTTF logo is back as well as the PRIORITY. Also, the Boarding Pass now has our Status back instead of just the N....

Yes, yes it has! And they are.

Hey everybody - - it looks like the issue has been resolved. I checked this morning and the FTTF logo is back as well as the PRIORITY. Also, the Boarding Pass now has our Status back instead of just the N....

Good news! Even though our documents were already printed, it looks great to see them correct online.