Shuttle or Taxi Service in Dania Beach

junglecat

We are staying at the Best Western on Sterling Road in Dania Beach for our upcoming January cruise. We'll need to find a spot for dinner and to buy some canned soda/water as well. I know Oakwood Mall is near, but not sure if this can be or should be done on foot. Does anyone know this area? And if so, is it safe to do so? LOL. If safe, the only detour might not be a good idea due to heavy traffic. Would also love to eat at Tarks again but not sure if the 2.3 mile walk would be safe. If taking a taxi, does anyone know the approximate cost? It's only 2.3 miles from hotel to Tarks. Thanks all! Happy Sailing & Merry Christmas.

There are a couple of convenience stores and a CVS just west of the hotel along Stirling Road. Closest will be Stirling Beverage Mart next to a bank, about 2 long blocks from the hotel same side of Striling. There are sidewalks the full length of Stirling Road but probably not along the hotel drive.

Taxi fare to Tarks will probably run about $10-$12 each way. As you'd have to cross under I 95 and the entry/exit ramps on both sides, I'd say it'd not be the best decision to try to walk to Tarks. A reasonably decent Cuban place is across Stirling Road from the drive entrance to your hotel. If you're walking you'll have to head west a block or so to a crosswalk. Outside of fast food joints that's probably the closest within walking distance.