Dining room attire for toddler

dee5211

Hi! I'm taking my 1 year old son on the Independence of the Seas this month. Will they give us a hard time in the dining room if he's wearing shorts? How about shoes? He's not walking yet so we doesn't wear shoes or socks.

Hi! I'm taking my 1 year old son on the Independence of the Seas this month. Will they give us a hard time in the dining room if he's wearing shorts? How about shoes? He's not walking yet so we doesn't wear shoes or socks.

Your son will be fine wearing shorts in the main dining room. I would put something on his feet though. Doesn't he like to stand up holding on to things? I wouldn't want to put him down with bare feet all over the ship. Does he normally ever wear socks or shoes? I wouldn't buy anything special just for the cruise, you could use whatever he usually wears.

Your son will be fine wearing shorts in the main dining room. I would put something on his feet though. Doesn't he like to stand up holding on to things? I wouldn't want to put him down with bare feet all over the ship. Does he normally ever wear socks or shoes? I wouldn't buy anything special just for the cruise, you could use whatever he usually wears.

He does like standing up but normally he is barefoot. We live in Florida :). I do have some sandals and socks I can bring for him. I don't want him barefoot on the ship except at the pool.

I might bring a long pair of pants for back up though. His little legs might get cold and it will save you a trip back to the cabin.

Good idea! I do have pants for him to bring. I just never realized how much stuff I need to pack for a baby!!! He's going to need his own suitcase for this trip, lol! Thanks!

Good idea! I do have pants for him to bring. I just never realized how much stuff I need to pack for a baby!!! He's going to need his own suitcase for this trip, lol! Thanks!

Cross pack his important things like food, if you bring any, and diapers. You don't want to end up on ship and find yourself with no diapers. Bring his favorite blanket and pillow if you use one. His familiar. Buy a diaper disposal thing from BabiesRUs so your cabin doesn't smell and the steward doesn't have to deal with it.

Shorts are fine. You might want to consider shoes and/ or socks since the AC on ships especially sometimes in the dining room can be pretty cool. I don't think they would turn away a baby with bare feet, but I would be prepared just in case. Hope your cruise is great!:)