Diamond Status for companions?

The bars actually have a list of what is allowed for those using a Diamond drinks coupon.

Oh no, is the choice of beers the same?

I just sailed back on the Radiance this Sunday and the Concierge Club had the same lousy range of beers - luckily the bartender there was superb, and because I had a package that included beer anyway he would keep my favourite type in stock at the CC so that I did not have to fetch it manually each time at the Starlight.

I just sailed back on the Radiance this Sunday and the Concierge Club had the same lousy range of beers - luckily the bartender there was superb, and because I had a package that included beer anyway he would keep my favourite type in stock at the CC so that I did not have to fetch it manually each time at the Starlight.

Yes the choice of beers is the same.

It depends if the bartender is prepared to show some flexibility. I think the issue is more with top shelf liquor (in mixed drinks) and complicated cocktails. They are probably less strict about beers - except for what they class as 'premium' beers.

I generally only get Pure Blonde, reverting to Michelob Ultra when the former is not available.

I was under the impression that the CC/DC would have a limited amount of beers simply due to size constraints, so I'm surprised that at the bars they would still stick to the same list even if other beers carry a similar price. But as mentioned above I will give it a shot on our next cruise and see how it goes...

I generally only get Pure Blonde, reverting to Michelob Ultra when the former is not available.

I was under the impression that the CC/DC would have a limited amount of beers simply due to size constraints, so I'm surprised that at the bars they would still stick to the same list even if other beers carry a similar price. But as mentioned above I will give it a shot on our next cruise and see how it goes...

Even though other beers carry a similar price, the cost to Royal might be significantly less.

I'll be at the Radiance few weeks from now.... what beers do they have.

Do they have StrongBow as well? It seems that it is either Corona or StrongBow that is included, but not both.

Interesting, did not know this. Can those three extra free drinks at other bars be beer/wine/cocktails?

Seems like a drinks package could almost be redundant for some cruisers if this is the case. :)

Depends on how much, when, and what you drink. But it is certainly a savings. We are D+. On our cruise in Sep. a 10 night Greek Isle, we would meet friends in the Viking Crown outside the Concierge Lounge. The Concierge and the CL Bar tender were terrific and would allow us to just go in and out with our drinks. And no, we didn't get free drinks for our friends, they had the Drink Package. Anyway, since we'd meet at 6 and had dinner at 8:30, we'd all sit around for an extended happy hour. Since we only had one at sea day, we were off the ship a lot of the time. By the end of the cruise, I had bought a total of 3 drinks for my wife and I! I bought us each a drink at boarding. Then I had one on the first night after dinner. We bought a 7 bottle wine package, and used the 2 bottles we brought on board. ALL the other alcohol we had was during the free happy hour. So it really saved me an huge amount of money.

I admit I don't drink as much as I used to. Rarely through the day and only a few times after dinner. Mostly we have pre-drink cocktails and a glass or two at dinner. So a 5 bottle wine package lasts 7 nights, plus we bring 2 bottles on board, and sometimes take a glass of wine from the Concierge Lounge to dinner (yeah, they generally have no problem with this). So I doubt I'll ever purchase the package.

You had to stoop to AB, how awful. :eek:

I always thought it odd that you can't get Bud Light.

You had to stoop to AB, how awful. :eek:

AB? Pure Blonde is probably the best low-carb (low-cal) beer out there. Tastes great too - like a true beer, which cannot be said about some of the other labels.

I always thought it odd that you can't get Bud Light.

Anything 'Bud' is torture considering you actually have a choice of getting something proper instead. Whether it's Bud this or Bud that, doesn't make a difference, it's all just a gimmick excuse for beer... :)

AB? Pure Blonde is probably the best low-carb (low-cal) beer out there. Tastes great too - like a true beer, which cannot be said about some of the other labels.

Anything 'Bud' is torture considering you actually have a choice of getting something proper instead. Whether it's Bud this or Bud that, doesn't make a difference, it's all just a gimmick excuse for beer... :)

AB - Anheusur Busch. They make Mich Ultra. Not a fan.

BTW, I'm sure you think highly of pure blond, but that's just your opinion. Personally Newcastle Brown Ale is my first choice, but you can't drink it in the pool like BL

Edited by John&LaLa

AB - Anheusur Busch. They make Mich Ultra. Not a fan.

BTW, I'm sure you think highly of pure blond, but that's just your opinion. Personally Newcastle Brown Ale is my first choice, but you can't drink it in the pool like BL

In my case it's not so much about the taste as it is about a healthier, low-carb choice. So it's not at all about my opinion but about pure facts. Pure Blonde is the king of low-calorie beers looking at RCI's bar menu.

Just so happens that Pure Blonde is a good tasting beer too, so win-win situation. Now this is definitely an opinion. :)

I like Newcastle Brown Ale as well - I would even drink Guinness more often if it wasn't so calorie-heavy.

In my case it's not so much about the taste as it is about a healthier, low-carb choice. So it's not at all about my opinion but about pure facts. Pure Blonde is the king of low-calorie beers looking at RCI's bar menu.

Just so happens that Pure Blonde is a good tasting beer too, so win-win situation. Now this is definitely an opinion. :)

I like Newcastle Brown Ale as well - I would even drink Guinness more often if it wasn't so calorie-heavy.

Well, if Pure Blonde is on Freedom in March, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your opinion

Well, if Pure Blonde is on Freedom in March, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your opinion

You guys have got me curious about Pure Blonde now too. I like the idea of a lower calorie beer, but got really turned off to the idea when I tasted Michelob Ultra.

No prob. It'll be easiest to find on cruises where the ship has been to Australia in recent months as it's probably not in the global offering.

In a similar way I used to drink Michelob Ultra because it was still in stock during my relocation cruise, before the ship simply ran out with no plans to replenish this beer due to current itinerary.

You guys have got me curious about Pure Blonde now too. I like the idea of a lower calorie beer, but got really turned off to the idea when I tasted Michelob Ultra.

Pure Blonde now labels itself as 'Ultra Low Carb Lager' with an even better recipe that beats another no-carb beer that I used to drink (the name is Big Head and it's a small brewery - not available on cruise ships though).

As for the new Pure Blonde, the nutritional info is as follows:

- 109kJ (per 100ml)

- 0.5g carbs (per 100ml)

- 4.2% alc.

Tastes great imo, nothing like a low-cal beer. I even had a Mich Ult recently on our cruise and was surprised how yucky it was now that I moved onto greener pastures and forgot what it tastes like.

Dos Equis is another one that disappointed. I remember it as a great-tasting beer from my college days, and was very under-impressed by it recently. Kind of strange as Corona tastes the same as it used to, but XX was just way different...

Regarding the Diamond status for companions, does this mean that as soon as we hit Diamond (should be any day now once the system updates) our kids get it too?

If so does it happen automatically or do we need to call/contact them?

Regarding the Diamond status for companions, does this mean that as soon as we hit Diamond (should be any day now once the system updates) our kids get it too?

If so does it happen automatically or do we need to call/contact them?

The next time you cruise with your kids they will be Diamond as well as long as they have cruised before. It happens automatically as long as your kids are linked to your account and they are still under 18 years old.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

No prob. It'll be easiest to find on cruises where the ship has been to Australia in recent months as it's probably not in the global offering.

In a similar way I used to drink Michelob Ultra because it was still in stock during my relocation cruise, before the ship simply ran out with no plans to replenish this beer due to current itinerary.

Pure Blonde now labels itself as 'Ultra Low Carb Lager' with an even better recipe that beats another no-carb beer that I used to drink (the name is Big Head and it's a small brewery - not available on cruise ships though).

As for the new Pure Blonde, the nutritional info is as follows:

- 109kJ (per 100ml)

- 0.5g carbs (per 100ml)

- 4.2% alc.

Tastes great imo, nothing like a low-cal beer. I even had a Mich Ult recently on our cruise and was surprised how yucky it was now that I moved onto greener pastures and forgot what it tastes like.

Dos Equis is another one that disappointed. I remember it as a great-tasting beer from my college days, and was very under-impressed by it recently. Kind of strange as Corona tastes the same as it used to, but XX was just way different...

Very interesting, thanks for the info.