How does entertainment on Azura compare to the Royal Princess?

Flo71

I have been on Ventura and Arcadia and enjoyed both for different reasons. Also been on Royal Princess which I loved. Trying to find a date that works for the families holidays and Azura seems to be the one that works date wise.

Just wondering whether we will be disappointed in entertainment after it being so fab on Royal Princess.

Haven't been on Royal Princess but have cruised with Princess and have been on Azura several times. We enjoy the entertainment on Princess but we preferred Azura. It's not really different from Ventura - layout the same but different decor in lounges / same type of entertainment.

I have been on Ventura and Arcadia and enjoyed both for different reasons. Also been on Royal Princess which I loved. Trying to find a date that works for the families holidays and Azura seems to be the one that works date wise.

Just wondering whether we will be disappointed in entertainment after it being so fab on Royal Princess.

In a way you have answered your own question. It will be like Ventura and Arcadia. It will have a clear British feel to it. The same performers can be on any of the ships although Azura and Ventura have more tribute acts as they have more venues.

Entertainment on Azura last November was not as good as we have had on other P&O ships in the past.

Only the entertainment has little to do with the ship. It is all controlled from Southampton. The entertainment team are given the performers they do not choose them. Of course they change from cruise to cruise. So what someone sees in Jan might be completely different to March.

Entertainment on Azura last November was not as good as we have had on other P&O ships in the past.

Only the entertainment has little to do with the ship. It is all controlled from Southampton. The entertainment team are given the performers they do not choose them. Of course they change from cruise to cruise. So what someone sees in Jan might be completely different to March.

I wouldn't like to make a general statement such as "P&O entertainment is not as good as it used to be" because my basis of comparison was limited to cruises I have been on. As such, my comment referred to Azura last November.

In addition, I was not limiting my comment to the production shows & fly-in entertainers - I found the smaller activities available consisted of quizzes and nothing else. This is surely down to the cruise director and his staff at least in some measure.

Edited by lake5298

I think it is pretty poor all round.

Guest speakers are not of the calibre they used to be.

Headliners are same as same as same as.

Quizzes quizzes quizzes during the day.

Bit of a shame really.

We cruise for the places we visit, so I don't worry too much about the entertainment side of things.

Was a little disappointed when we did a transatlantic and it was all the above,nothing special.