Windstar cancels all Star Pride Itineraries through April 9

perditax

I would think they would work that out with you. They just can't put every possible scenario in writing. I'd give them a call. It may be as simple as putting the deposit up and then having them credit back your credit card with that amount when the "balance" is due.

• 2 weeks later...

We were booked on the May26 Istanbul to Athens and received the dreaded cancellation email this week. Fortunately we were able to modify our vacation and join the May 28th Wind Star Istanbul to Athens. We were not able to get a post flight and hotel refunded but Windstar is suppose to cover those costs up to $500 a person. Our communication to resolve this situation has been okay with Windstar so far but I except it will be a month or more before we receive our cheque.

AIS is screwy, but it looks like she has finally arrived in Freeport...

SP51_zpssuhtbjh5.jpg

That looks like a congested area. Maybe she was just hanging out and staying out of the path of other ships while awaiting permission to enter port.

Closing the loop on our saga as Windstar has made us whole.

Booked on the 12/26 departure.

We have been:

Rebooked onto the same itin on the Breeze later this spring.

The entire package, including our incentives (internet, liquor, tips, excursions, etc.) was transferred to the new itin and in lieu of a refund they just moved the charges over. This was told to us as necessary since the new cruise was within the 3 month full payment due window.

The new itin turned out to be a fair bit less expensive, and we've just received a check in the mail for the difference. WS had previously indicated that it would go to our TA, but it came to us directly.

We received the expected credit of 1/2 the cabin fare to use for a future cruise. Our credit is good for sailings through 1/2018.

We did not ask for any airline credit nor was any offered. This is fine for me, since our new flights turned out to be less expensive that the original, even when including the change fee. With a bonus that the return flight is direct from Panama City to Chicago and the original had a brutal overnight flight via SJO.

So, we came out with a check in hand and a future credit. We're happy.

Edited by milepig

You are more easy to please than we are. We finally received the refund for the 12/26 cruise yesterday (postmarked 2/5). The fact that you are willing to pay again and not use the credit till a future sailing is odd. You (like we) were inconvenienced and lost an opportunity for a long planned vacation over the holidays. I, like several others above, have no intention of using the credit. Windstar has been unresponsive and incompetent.

Bravo Milepig, Patience is a Virtue, I am thrilled WS did right by you. They have always been that way with us as you know. I heard through the grapevine that after the accident they were innundated with problems and a terrific work load for those in Seattle. I am sure this would take considerable time to get through and work out. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Breeze as much as we did in December. I would go on a motor yacht in a minute again. Unfortunately we have to wait until 2017 Venice to Rome on the Surf. Happy Sailing enjoy. Susanne

You are more easy to please than we are. We finally received the refund for the 12/26 cruise yesterday (postmarked 2/5). The fact that you are willing to pay again and not use the credit till a future sailing is odd. You (like we) were inconvenienced and lost an opportunity for a long planned vacation over the holidays. I, like several others above, have no intention of using the credit. Windstar has been unresponsive and incompetent.

Believe me, I'm far from patient...

I haven't paid for anything "again" and as I said even got a partial refund. I'm glad we don't need to use the credit this year, as our plans are set for 2016. Waiting until 2017 gives us some time to take stock and if we wind up throwing the credit away we still come out with money in the bank due to the lower price of our replacement itin. We had am extremely competent and level-headed TA who worked through all of this for us.

Much will depend on how WS treats us in April.

• 3 weeks later...
Almost 3 weeks in dry dock - Any news??

When I looked at AIS a few days ago it was showing a run out to sea and pretty much right back in. Either testing, or more AIS flakiness.

The June 6 Athens/Athens is still showing as the first itin one can book.

It's now been 3 months, and still no update from Windstar about missing belongings. All they will say is that they don't know anything, but when they do they will let me know. Has anyone else received any information? Or better yet, their missing belongings?

Didn't they say everything had been bagged and airfreighted to Seattle for sorting weeks ago? It is unbelievable that nothing more has happened.

Didn't they say everything had been bagged and airfreighted to Seattle for sorting weeks ago? It is unbelievable that nothing more has happened.

4 weeks ago, I was told that they were working serially -- cruise fare refunds first (we received at week 4), then airfare refunds, then onboard account refunds (we received at week 9), they were currently working on missing items, and post-cruise hotel refunds would be handled last. Since then, the only response has been an email saying they don't have any information, but will let us know when they do. I'd be perfectly happy with an email saying our stuff is gone forever and they aren't doing anything for us, because then my travel insurance will pay me. I don't really have a preference between getting my stuff back, getting reimbursed by Windstar or getting reimbursed by the travel insurance. I just want to be done with this.

At this point I would file a claim with the travel insurance carrier and let them surrogate against Windstar's insurance carrier. If the goods are ever recovered then they would belong to the insurance company. Their job is to make you whole.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

At this point I would file a claim with the travel insurance carrier and let them surrogate against Windstar's insurance carrier. If the goods are ever recovered then they would belong to the insurance company. Their job is to make you whole.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I filed a claim right away (we were also stranded at Miami on the way back due to various weather problems all over the country that day -- fun trip all around), but my insurance company has told me repeatedly that they cannot do anything until Windstar puts in writing that they will not be returning our belongings and not compensating us for the loss. I'm not terribly happy with the insurance company either, and will probably not select them as a provider ever again, but I can understand their position better than I can understand the lack of information form Windstar at this late date.