Xocolati - The Chocolate Experience

barb272

For those of you using  Daniel's Hangout for monkey and sloth tours but don't necessarily want to go to the iguana farm, Daniels can take you to a small chocolate shop that's on the way into Daniel's.  For us, they dropped off the Iguana tour folks and took us there while we waited.  Ran by 2 women.  Really good explanation of the cacao growth and processing of beans.  Plus various bars of chocolate for sale.  Reasonably priced.  And coffee. sorry forget the name.  As we ate our bars on the ship.:classic_smile:

Oh, No charge.  But think tips and purchases expected.  Certainly, not $80 worth.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 2 years later...

My husband and I have done this excursion twice, we enjoyed it.  Very informative and the hands-on chocolate making just added to the experience.  If anyone takes this excursion, please ask for the recipes for the coconut milk chicken and rice dish they serve.....it is fantastic.  If you get the recipes please send them to my email  katdfw at yahoo . com.

thanks and enjoy the experience!

• 6 months later...

An old post (also it's been resurrected recently)...Great feedback and am looking at this excursion as a possibility when we go to Roatan in March.  Can anyone comment if they think teens would enjoy it?  Offhand, it think they would (especially with the outcome...lol).  My main hesitation is that we would miss out on Roatan's beautiful beaches if we did something like this activity.

• 3 months later...