Looking for recent Elation Cruisers

BamaLady#13

I'm looking at booking a short spring cruise on the Elation. A TA for Carnival is assuring me that Elation just went thru a renovation, but I can't find any evidence to support that. I really hate to cruise on a ship where the carpet is nasty and the furniture is coming apart. Having just had a horrific experience on the Norwegian Pearl, I am really leary. Does anyone have any advice on the condition of the ship?

My kids sailed on her in October and in their words, "This ship stinks!" They were not impressed. I would think if she had been through upgrades, you would have heard about it.

On a totally different note: Roll Tide!!!

Edited by Singer4Him

I sailed on her last year and thought she was fine. But she is one of the older ships in the fleet, and last years dry dock did very little except replace some carpet and minor things. Most of the work was in non public space.

If your standard is the newer ships, you won't like her.

My kids sailed on her in October and in their words, "This ship stinks!" They were not impressed. I would think if she had been through upgrades, you would have heard about it.

On a totally different note: Roll Tide!!!

Thanks for the advice. That's about what I expected to hear. I'm going to push the budget a little and try for the Dream. I'd trust another Tide fan anytime before a TA.

The Elation was in dry dock in the Fall of 2014. We had a great time in her in December of that year, and I didn't notice things in disrepair, but it is a Fantasy class ship and lacks the newer features of the larger ships. There is a review from this year near the top of the boards with lots of pictures.

Better check on dream reviews from people I know who have been on her recently it is very crowded and the buffet lines are rediculous as well as the food wasn't that great. I just got off the elation this past Dec 17th and she defiantly is showing her age but hey its a boat that floats and has lots of food options can't go wrong with that on either one you choose.

The Elation did go thru drydock but the repairs/changes were nothing major.

The Elation is a beautiful ship with a great crew. If you are happy with a smaller ship, you cannot go wrong.

Remember this is not a mega ship or brand new.

Was on the Elation three weeks ago and the Dream last September. Had a great time on both, did not see anything wrong with the Elation and would sail on her again anytime. Now it does NOT have an outdoor theatre, the serenity area is smaller but nice, NO steakhouse but we don't usually eat there anyway. We are diamond members and normally take the seven day cruises so we go on the Dream a lot, but if the Elation had a seven day cruise, we would do it more often. Whatever you choose, hope you have a great cruise. Also, the crew was excellent on both ships.

How interesting. I was just on the Pearl in August and had a remarkable cruise. We loved every minute of it. The ship was in good repair for the most part (when you have thousands of people embarking and disembarking weekly you will see wear and tear) and the staff could not have been nicer. The food was great as well. We especially loved their breakfast buffet!

We have sailed on both the Elation and the Dream also. Like the Pearl, neither are brand new. Both will have some stains and some wear and tear, like the Pearl. I guess that has never really bothered us. We were having too much fun to pay that close of attention to the detail. Has the Dream been refurbished since the Elation? The Dream will have more bells and whistles, that's for sure. I guess it really depends on what is important to you.

Best of luck in your decision!!

• 3 weeks later...