Little Bay Divi resort day pass

Ms Jo UK

We like the look of great bay but understand it is not good for swimming due to pollution.

Is little bay OK and does Divi Bay have day passes and if so does anyone know how much and how to purchase them.

We were just on a cruise this past September and spent several hours at Divi Little Bay while there. Yes, it's safe to swim there (no reports of pollution) so that's why we chose to go there instead of Great Bay. No day pass is needed. We just took a cab from port and once there (10 minute cab ride), we just walked down the walkway to the beach and found the attendant who we paid for use of loungers/umbrella. The cost was $15 for 2 loungers/1 umbrella.

• 2 weeks later...
We like the look of great bay but understand it is not good for swimming due to pollution.

Is little bay OK and does Divi Bay have day passes and if so does anyone know how much and how to purchase them.

You may be interested in a new pass for Divi through Aqua Mania that runs the sports booth there. It's not exactly what you are looking for but its new info that I just came across while getting some info for another poster and I remembered reading your post a few days ago. They offer two passes. One is $40 and the other $90. I think that I would just do it on my own but the deluxe package may be of interest to someone who wants a snorkelling excursion.

http://www.stmaarten-activities.com/

Karysa,

Thanks! I think we will try Divi on our own instead of either pass. :)

Please give us an estimate of the cab fare each way for two.

Any problem getting a cab back to the port? :confused:

The taxi fare is about $5 pp each way and roughly 10 minutes but on the way back give yourself 45 minutes to get back just in case of traffic ect. There is a taxi stand at Little Bay and I saw taxis there in May when we visited via car so I wouldn't be concerned about getting back. They will call a taxi for you from the resort as well.

The taxi fare is about $5 pp each way and roughly 10 minutes but on the way back give yourself 45 minutes to get back just in case of traffic ect. There is a taxi stand at Little Bay and I saw taxis there in May when we visited via car so I wouldn't be concerned about getting back. They will call a taxi for you from the resort as well.

Perfecto! Thanks for the quick response. We cruise next month :D and I will try to post some feedback when we return.

Sorry for the very late thank you for this information. Can you remember the cost of the taxi please?

Karysa already responded, but yes, it was $10.00 for the cab ride, each way (there were 2 of us, so $5.00 each). There were cabs waiting when we were ready to head back to our ship. We left at 2PM and we didn't hit any traffic. It might have been earlier than the main traffic and we were also the only cruise ship in port that day.

Karysa already responded, but yes, it was $10.00 for the cab ride, each way (there were 2 of us, so $5.00 each). There were cabs waiting when we were ready to head back to our ship. We left at 2PM and we didn't hit any traffic. It might have been earlier than the main traffic and we were also the only cruise ship in port that day.

Thanks neighbor! :)

Hope you survived the snow - nothing like coming in from an hour a snow-shoveling my driveway and sitting down to plan our cruise excursions. :cool:

Thinking about the beach and a drink makes my back feel better already. ;)

Thanks neighbor! :)

Hope you survived the snow - nothing like coming in from an hour a snow-shoveling my driveway and sitting down to plan our cruise excursions. :cool:

Thinking about the beach and a drink makes my back feel better already. ;)

Well hello neighbor!

You are quite welcome. We really enjoyed Divi Little Bay and sure wish we were there right now.

Yes we survived the snow but I'm with you on the shoveling, but no cruise excursions to plan...just CC for a quick escape. :)

I hope you have a nice winter escape on your upcoming cruise.

• 1 month later...

Divi Little Bay was great - taxi wound up costing us $6 each, we said no thanks to the time share offer and paid $15 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. Snorkeling on the left side of the pier was just okay, not great. Water was clear, calm and warm. Bar prices were fare and Wi-Fi signal was good. They were offering paddle-board and other water toy stuff - we were not interested. Great day - very relaxing and enjoyable. :cool:

• 3 years later...