first time going with kids (8 & 6)

isabrady

The "Family Cruises" board will probably be the best place, I know it has helped us out a lot. But one piece of advice bring a power strip if any of your children are bringing devices with them that will need to be charged.

Edited by geegee1

This was the age my kids were when we started cruising with them (they are now almost 13 and 15 and have been on quite a few). Go to the kids' club the first day and sign them up. Even if they never end up going its worth it. My kids always loved the kids' club and would beg to go all the time. Especially at that age group it is lots of fun.

Don't stress too much about routine, let them have fun. Great ship for their first cruise!

Going on the Escape with our kids in September! Any advice????

We were on the Escape last month with our 8 yr old. She was able to do the ropes course, mini golf and the several slides. The aqua racer slide is fantastic.

She loved the Splash Academy and was in the 6-9 yrs old group.

My kids always loved the kids' club and would beg to go all the time. Especially at that age group it is lots of fun.

Don't stress too much about routine, let them have fun. Great ship for their first cruise!

I hear this a lot and have experienced it myself. The kids love it there so much, that's where they want to spend most of their time.

My son is 5 and will be going on his 4th cruise at the end of February.

I agree, the kids clubs are wonderful. My son never wants to leave! When they close for lunch and dinner, he wants to eat quick and head right back. The staff is outstanding.

Make sure to send them on the first night. It's crucial for making their friends in the beginning. Also, if there is registration setup in the cruise terminal, register them before you get on the ship. If not, register once you get on. Don't wait until 7 as it can be a bit chaotic.