West End

dakotahrb

I don't mean to thread jack, but I was going to start a similar thread.

I am wondering which resort at West Bay would be the best to get a day pass too? We are looking for great snorkeling with great beach and smaller crowds(hence the resort day pass). We are using Victor Bodden's private tour.

To answer the original question, I would say West end looks to be much better, however I have never been there.

West end village is a funky village with a few good restaurants and several bars. We always use Victor Bodden and have the driver take us wherever we want. If you want privacy and great snorkeling to to west end and snorkel half moon bay. The reef there is amazing and you can swim out as far as you're comfortable. Run over to El Boske for amazing Peruvian ceviche. There's no real beach there and no AI like west bay beach. In November we went to west bay first for a few hours. We went to Bananarama and paid for lounge chairs. We had a couple of NA drinks and enjoyed the beach for a few hours but the surf was too rough for me to snorkel there. We left when it started getting crowded and headed over to west end for the rest of the day. Roatan is a great place to do whatever you want.

HUH? no real beach in West End? This pic is Half Moon Bay.. there is plenty of beach. I agree West End is a village with shops, eateries, bars, dive shops and what not.

JBrunner ~ Bananarama in West Bay has a very competitive day ass with transport option. The boat free easy access reef snorkeling would be a short walk down the beach past Infinity Bay's L shaped pier.

dakotahrb ~ only you can decide if going to West End or elsewhere would be better... it all depends in what you seek. Taxi prices are not regulated, it is all about the haggle. If you decide to take a cab make sure to sort out round trip fare. Many people hire a driver from one of the tour companies, this way if you want to see both West End and West bay, if you wish to stop for photo or wander about another area you driver can do that for you.