? about camping/adventure tour groups in Alaska

Tarheelbelle

I a considering an extended camping/lodge combo adventure trip next summer or fall. One of the companies that I am looking at is Get Up and Go Tours. If anyone is familiar with this tour company I would appreciate some feedback. Or if you have any other tour companies that offer similar trips, please advise.

Thanks!

Hello Tarheelbelle:

I'm going to throw three things out to you. I don't know if they are viable or not but ..

Trek America runs tours in Alaska. I ran into a group in Anchorage. They were a little more expensive than Green Tortoise but they were a smaller group.

Green Tortoise may be an option if you are looking for a different experience. They are not for everyone but .

Go on your own. you'd be surprised how cheap it is to travel if you plan right and have the sun and moon and the stars lined up just right. <G>

I'll be doing the ferry and the Tortoise for a month next year. Still ironing out the details.

Rogue

Yukon, thanks. Will check out some of the ones on this site.

rogue,

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not want to go camping alone in Alaska, however. To me, the fun [and safety] are in being in a small group of adventurers, led by somone who actually knows the area. Same reason I have gone on 3 camping safaris in different African countries with a guided small group instead of tenting alone in the Serengeti! Your idea probably would work well for someone who knows the area and has been there previously.

I will check out the Trek America and Green Tortoise options as well as Get UP and Go Tours.

Please consider posting your experiences on the board after your trip. And have a great one!

Archived