Luggage tags question

Our docs say to put the RCI luggage tags on your bags before you leave home. We're flying in a day early, and then being transferred from our hotel to the port the day of our cruise. Since we're going to be collecting our bags at MIA and taking them to the hotel ourselves, wouldn't it make sense to wait until we get to the hotel to add the RCI tags ? Why risk losing one on the trip from home to MIA if the bags aren't going directly to the port ?

Just curious what the consensus might be.

Put them on before you get to the pier, not before you leave home. Otherwise they might fall off or get ripped off. You'll need these to be on your checked luggage before you get on the ship and before you get off the ship.

I suppose, if you are taking the cruiseline shuttle from the airport to the ship, it might make a bit of sense. But, you really don't want anything extra to confuse baggage handlers. Put the tags on before you get to the port, the morning of departure.

If you are collecting your bags then put the tags on the morning you board the ship. We are flying to MCO, transfering to Disney (one set of tags for Magical Express) and then going on our cruise. We will put the luggage tags for the Mariner on the morning of the 16th. I would hate for someone from RCI to grrab my bags from the luggage carosel and then have them put in the wrong spot and voila! No luggage! I worked way too hard beading that darn dress.

Archived