OV cabin ?

scanmom

My daughter and her husband are booked on the Carnival Freedom in an OV cabin -1297 to be exact. When I checked, the aft cabins on the same deck are available. Is one preferable to the other? If so, why? She wasn't in a guaranteed cabin, so she can switch if the aft cabins are better, but we've never cruised before, and don't know if she should change it or keep 1297, which is mid ship. Thanks!

My daughter and her husband are booked on the Carnival Freedom in an OV cabin -1297 to be exact. When I checked, the aft cabins on the same deck are available. Is one preferable to the other? If so, why? She wasn't in a guaranteed cabin, so she can switch if the aft cabins are better, but we've never cruised before, and don't know if she should change it or keep 1297, which is mid ship. Thanks!

I prefer a cabin by the aft elevator for less traveling. But is she goes pass the aft elevators its in a lower category. To stay in the same category she will stay in the front of the elevators. Even going up one deck-- but be careful as that could place her under the galley which has quite a few noisy areas.

Being under the dining room is a good choice-- its carpeted so no noise issues

she does not want connecting cabins- these are cabins that have arrows bettween the rooms denoting connecting doors

Right now she is booked in a cabin for 4 people does she need a cabin for 4 persons

She should keep it. 1297 is rated as a triple (did not find a key to symbols, but if you 'hover' the mouse over the room, info pops up -- appears the STAR is triple, SQUARE for an OV is "max 4 people", but for an inside the four allowed is indicated with 2 dots). Triple just means the sofa can be made up to sleep another person; having a sofa is nice.

It is a good location for a first cruise! Although it is the bottom passenger deck, it is really low-mid in the ship, because crew and service stuff is below. So that means, being also midships, that it is near the fulcrum of the "lever" -- the center point of the teeter-totter the ship moves like. So they will feel less motion than aft (or fore).

If you google 'Carnival Freedom 1319' and switch to 'Images' -- the top 5 pics are actual photos of a triple room, taken in November 2014.