Save The Waves

tinykygal

Do your ask for clean towels daily?

We don't; however, we have a third adult this trip and it might be a mess trying to dry towels .

We usually have towels replaced each day. Personal choice and whatever you do is fine. Other than with the incremental increase in energy required to launder them there is no negative impact to the marine environment by replacing them daily.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I've had non used towels simply just moved from their original shelf replaced with new ones. Knew they were new because the original had a small hole in one corner.

They were only moved from the upper to lower shelf not on to a counter or put on the floor. Hey I'm in a wheelchair the top shelf isn't an easy reach. Being a handicapped cabin the lower shelf should be the normal original location for towels.

but they are almost always taken and replaced with new ones.

We don't want fresh towels daily and generally put our towels on the back of the chair in the room as they dry much faster that way. Also, we squeegee ourselves off with our hands before using a towel, reducing the water on the towel.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Since things don't dry well at sea, a bathroom full of wet towels starts to smell "musty" to me, after a while. So, we do have the room steward replace the towels daily. Before the stewards come in to make up the room, we toss all of our used towels onto the shower floor (or into the tub, if we have one). that way, they can scoop them up, more easily.

Edited by wwcruisers

I don't change my towels at home everyday..so why should I expect clean towels there...I hang them up, and they do dry, and I have never smelled a musty smell from wet towels..

I know how hard the staff works and if I can do anything..maybe just little things to help I do...but that is me...

Wishing-You-Happy-Sunday-DG123371.gif

I'm wondering how 5 of us in 1 cabin will have enough towels to begin with. :) - It's a sister cruise, so we went for savings rather than comfort. LOL

I am one not to get new towels if I don't have to. But we may have to in our situation. And the old ones would go on the bathroom floor, on a pile, out of the way.

I'm wondering how 5 of us in 1 cabin will have enough towels to begin with. :) - It's a sister cruise, so we went for savings rather than comfort. LOL

I am one not to get new towels if I don't have to. But we may have to in our situation. And the old ones would go on the bathroom floor, on a pile, out of the way.

Five in one cabin! One bathroom?!! The stewards may have to stack towels somewhere else in the cabin. Your group is definitely a special case, you'll never have enough towel bars.

Some of you can use the showers by the gym. On Carnival, at least, they are larger and have a vast supply of towels.

LOL. We had a discussion how some of us will probably use the gym showers. And we also mentioned how when it's time for a more "committed" bathroom visit, probably to use a public one to help combat odors. I'm just so excited I can't stand it. So are the rest of the sisters. We are all counting down the days.

Edit to remove the photo link! It was 80 times too big!

Car air freshener, the paper-board kind; hang on back of door; weighs nothing, packs easy; leave it behind.

I think they even come in "Island Fresh" scent!

Edited by crystalspin