? about luggage valet and baggage fees.

betmust

I am just off the Oasis yesterday. I signed up for luggage valet and when questioning the baggage fees got very different answers.

When I booked my flight home with JetBlue I paid for a ticket that included baggage fees. When I questioned at guest services I got 2 different answers.

1) I was told that when they gave the info to JetBlue, they would be told whether or not to charge baggage fees. If I had already paid for a ticket including the fee, RC would be told and would not charge it to my account.

2) Yesterday I noticed I was charged $25 and when I called guest services regarding the charge I was told that was not for the airline but for processing/printing boarding passes. So I said isn't that what the $20 fee was for? I was, a little rudely told, you signed a contract for luggage valet and that is what you paid for. WOW..

So basically, I paid $20 each for 4 of us and then another $25 each for 4 of us.

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen and how it was handled. Do I contact Royal about it or JetBlue?

Any input would be appreciated...

Edited by betmust

I am just off the Oasis yesterday. I signed up for luggage valet and when questioning the baggage fees got very different answers.

When I booked my flight home with JetBlue I paid for a ticket that included baggage fees. When I questioned at guest services I got 2 different answers.

1) I was told that when they gave the info to JetBlue, they would be told whether or not to charge baggage fees. If I had already paid for a ticket including the fee, RC would be told and would not charge it to my account.

2) Yesterday I noticed I was charged $25 and when I called guest services regarding the charge I was told that was not for the airline but for processing/printing boarding passes. So I said isn't that what the $20 fee was for? I was, a little rudely told, you signed a contract for luggage valet and that is what you paid for. WOW..

So basically, I paid $20 each for 4 of us and then another $25 each for 4 of us.

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen and how it was handled. Do I contact Royal about it or JetBlue?

LV Service is $20pp. If there are any baggage fees, then that would be an additional charge added to your SeaPass account. All that info is contained in your Confirmation number or should be. Since you already paid for your luggage, you should not have been charged.

I would suggest that you first call Post Cruise Customer Service tomorrow at 1-800-256-6649. Have your Folio Number ready.

Edited by cruisenfever

I have a luggage valet form and just looked at it.

This is an updated form from 10/18/15. I can not see anywhere on this form that lets me check off no fees. There is a section that says..

NOTE:

Airline baggage fees will be appled to your sea pass account. Please be advised thay any discrepancies with your baggage fees should be addressed directly with your airline.

I guess maybe JetBlue would be the one to talk to but with all the delays and cancellations it will be difficult to get thru to them.

We travel in a suite, so the valet is a free service.

But, it does not cover the $20 per bag checked luggage fee.

So, when we fill out the forms and get the luggage tags with confirmation we get a notice on the TV that the cost was added to our sea pass account.

For the 3 of us $60 is well worth it.

And if you exceed your 50 pound limit (some airlines), you get to claim your baggage at customer service at your final destination pay the penalty ($$) before you get your bags.

Never happened to us but asked before our last cruise at the check-in counter in Cleveland. The counter service person told us happens all the time.

So watch not only your weight when sailing, but also your baggage when flying home.

We got the neatest luggage scale at Wall Mart.

No problems

Safe travels.

We travel in a suite, so the valet is a free service.

But, it does not cover the $20 per bag checked luggage fee.

So, when we fill out the forms and get the luggage tags with confirmation we get a notice on the TV that the cost was added to our sea pass account.

For the 3 of us $60 is well worth it.

And if you exceed your 50 pound limit (some airlines), you get to claim your baggage at customer service at your final destination pay the penalty ($$) before you get your bags.

Never happened to us but asked before our last cruise at the check-in counter in Cleveland. The counter service person told us happens all the time.

So watch not only your weight when sailing, but also your baggage when flying home.

We got the neatest luggage scale at Wall Mart.

No problems

Safe travels.

Ours was not a weight issue - 4 suitcases ranged between 43 - 46 pounds. We also have a scale we use all the time...

As I said there were 2 charges each - one for $20 and one for $25. We had already paid the airline the baggage fee so we should not have been charged.

I am also interested in the fees for baggage handled with luggage valet. I am flying first class so there are no baggage fees for up to three bags. We will have two checked bags. Do I need to do something to make sure I am not charged a bag fee?

FLL-Navigator-February 28th thru March 5th, 12:45 flight/American airline

I am aware that the luggage valet is complementary for suite guests.

I am also interested in the fees for baggage handled with luggage valet. I am flying first class so there are no baggage fees for up to three bags. We will have two checked bags. Do I need to do something to make sure I am not charged a bag fee?

FLL-Navigator-February 28th thru March 5th, 12:45 flight/American airline

I am aware that the luggage valet is complementary for suite guests.

I've used LV twice, once on Freedom in June 2015 and once on Navigator in December 2015. Both times I was traveling first class (with up to three "free" checked bags), so I put all our bags under my name and only paid the $20 LV fee once.

The registration page was formatted differently on Freedom compared to Navigator, but both had a place where I could note that I was flying first class and therefore exempt from baggage fees.

Next month, I'm flying coach (:eek:) with one checked bag allowed per person, so I'll pay the $20 LV fee for each of us so that we each get one "free" checked bag.

Let us know how you made out. I was thinking of using the Luggage valet, but I am also booked on JetBlue with a ticket that includes the first bag.

If it ends up being too much of a headache I would just carry off. But I am interested in how this all pans out for you.