HA Announcement: "Wife wife, husband is waiting"

Cruiser 4 Life 66

Several odd "secret code" announcements during my recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.

One was "Wife wife, husband is waiting" said twice. Anyone know what that one means?

I think another was "Code brown" which made me think someone had an accident in their pants :eek:

I Googled code brown and most of the references were to that specifically (incontinence situation), mostly in hospital or other medical care setting. Not sure if it has relevance to cruise ships or not but maybe it was an "accident" in a pool??

Edited by joepeka

I Googled code brown and most of the references were to that specifically (incontinence situation), mostly in hospital or other medical care setting. Not sure if it has relevance to cruise ships or not but maybe it was an "accident" in a pool??

I did notice (and was getting quite perturbed) that two women had their diaper-wearing babies in the Lido Pool, even though the rules clearly said no diaper-wearing children were allowed in there.

They had them at the sides where the water is like one inch, but still if they sit down there whatever is in their diapers will be flowing into the pool.

Quite disgusting and annoying that people just ignore this safety (and common sense) rule.

I did notice (and was getting quite perturbed) that two women had their diaper-wearing babies in the Lido Pool, even though the rules clearly said no diaper-wearing children were allowed in there.

They had them at the sides where the water is like one inch, but still if they sit down there whatever is in their diapers will be flowing into the pool.

Quite disgusting and annoying that people just ignore this safety (and common sense) rule.

Don't you know? Those rules are for everyone else :D;).

I remember one episode of that "Undercover Boss" series where the CEO of Wolf Lodge Resort had to clean up one of those messes in a pool. Ugh. :eek:

Has anyone, noticing such a situation, ever pointed this out to a staff member, demanding that the children be removed from the pool? And, if so, did the staff person politely make such a demand? That is really revolting.