Staple paper luggage tags?

NurseDave

Silly question. We're used to strong sticky luggage tags. We're flying in and I'm curious how/when you staple printed paper luggage tags on your bags. Obviously people don't bring a stapler to do this right before they get on and you can't fly with them on the bags.

I "laminate" the tags I've printed out with packing tape, just as others have said. You can tape or stable them to your bags when it's almost time to board.

I always make extra tags in case I end up with an extra bag or other item to bring on board. :)

We use self-laminating material that you can buy at a store like Walmart. After laminating the tags we hole punch and use zip ties to attach them to the bags once we're at the hotel .We just put the tags and ties in a zip lock bag and put them in our carry on until needed.

My very first cruise, I stapled the paper luggage tag to my bag. We got to the room and my roommate's luggage was there but mine was nowhere to be found. Around 10PM, I decided to head to the customer service desk to see if they knew where my bag went. In front of the customer service desk was a row of suitcases and mine happened to be there. Turns out, the paper tag ripped off. Now I use those plastic luggage tag holders you can buy on Amazon and I attach them with zip ties. I haven't had a lost suitcase since.

I was looking at some of the tag holders you can purchase on Amazon. Most of them say they fit RCI and Celebrity tags--never sailed either of those lines so don't know if their tags are the same size as NCL tags. Will they fit?

NCL changed the size of their luggage tags some time last year (?), so now they fit perfectly in the wider type (same as most other cruise lines, including RCI and Celebrity). I purchased mine through CruiseCritic (the "store" on top of the page), and chose the wide type (they offer two different types) and they fit perfectly for the current size from NCL.

Edited by TrumpyNor

I laminate with packaging tape, then use packaging tape to seal two ends together prior to arriving at port. The "laminated" tags work great for cases of water, too!

I do this also and they have never came off.. I'll even bring the tape with me if I need attached them before getting to the port.

We have been on 15 cruises - all NCL.

Before we leave home, I print out the luggage tags and fold them according to the instrux. They come out as long strips with several layers.

At hotel before we go to the port, I put the tags on our bags and staple the ends together (3-4 staples will do).

No problem at all. I carry a mini stapler in my bag when we travel to go on cruises.

Not an idea at all to put cruise tags on bags when flying. Just put them on bag when going to the ship.

Silly question. We're used to strong sticky luggage tags. We're flying in and I'm curious how/when you staple printed paper luggage tags on your bags. Obviously people don't bring a stapler to do this right before they get on and you can't fly with them on the bags.

Have never used them. We always get tags from the porters.

When we fly in the night before we borrow a stapler from the front desk at our hotel when we check out in the morning. Otherwise you can get sticky ones at the port.

We use self-laminating material that you can buy at a store like Walmart. After laminating the tags we hole punch and use zip ties to attach them to the bags once we're at the hotel .We just put the tags and ties in a zip lock bag and put them in our carry on until needed.

I thought I was the only one who did this! I was able to find these laminating sheets at the Dollar Tree and stocked up. :o

NCL changed the size of their luggage tags some time last year (?), so now they fit perfectly in the wider type (same as most other cruise lines, including RCI and Celebrity). I purchased mine through CruiseCritic (the "store" on top of the page), and chose the wide type (they offer two different types) and they fit perfectly for the current size from NCL.

Thank you! I think it's time I finally invest 10 bucks and get some. I usually do the packing tape thing others keep mentioning and it's kind of a pre-cruise ritual, but I think I can make the shift to putting them in the tag holder and be quite happy with that! ;)

I use heavy duty clear tape,-soft of self laminating. I also staple too(driving distance to port). I have never lost a luggage tag. I also put a copy of luggage tag inside my suitcase- just in case.

FYI:I bring really colorful duct tape for my luggage, so that it is easy to find at the end of my cruise cruise.

(driving distance to port).

Oh, I wish! I'd be cruising all the time if I were within driving distance of a port (well, I can drive to Seattle, but Alaska cruises aren't inexpensive! LOL).

FYI:I bring really colorful duct tape for my luggage, so that it is easy to find at the end of my cruise cruise.

I have a hot pink suitcase so it's easy to find at the end of my cruise cruise. :D