Sandcastle or Rainbow Beach?

tamilyn

Tell me about both of them, please! Pros, cons, etc.

Rainbow gets too crazy on a ship day, jetskis and loud music are not my cup of tea.

Sandcastle is a bit expensive for food, otherwise it's perfect. Very relaxing and peaceful with beautiful views and great snorkeling.

Rainbow gets too crazy on a ship day, jetskis and loud music are not my cup of tea.

Sandcastle is a bit expensive for food, otherwise it's perfect. Very relaxing and peaceful with beautiful views and great snorkeling.

Thank you! Does this require a day pass? How long to get there? Any other information you could provide?

Thank you! Does this require a day pass? How long to get there? Any other information you could provide?

DividedSky's info about the day pass is great. It's a few minutes in a taxi to get there and it'll cost you about $5 pp.

What else would you like to know?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Drake-- if you see this, I have a question for you since you seem to be the St. Croix expert :) we are coming on a March 6th RCL cruise and are wondering about the best beach. there are six of us in my family, 5 legal to drink, the youngest 14 and autistic. we are looking for something with a bar, some food, and jet skis. what beach should we head to? thank you :)

Hi, Drake-- if you see this, I have a question for you since you seem to be the St. Croix expert :) we are coming on a March 6th RCL cruise and are wondering about the best beach. there are six of us in my family, 5 legal to drink, the youngest 14 and autistic. we are looking for something with a bar, some food, and jet skis. what beach should we head to? thank you :)

Happy to help! There's only one beach with jetskis and that's rainbow beach. I recommend a taxi as it's just over a mile north of the pier. Great bar with great people and all the amenities you could need.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to St. Croix and have walked to Rainbow Beach from the cruise port. Where is Sand Castle in relation to Rainbow? Is in on the same road and how long would it take us to walk to Sand Castle? Is Sand Castle part of a community?

Drake2014: Can we walk to Sandcastle from the cruise pier? How long would it take? Can you give us some kind of directions. Also, if we decided to take a taxi, how much would that be for two of us?

We have been to Rainbow a few years ago and now would like to try Sandcastle. You have been most helpful with others on this thread. Thanks, Carol

We have been to St. Croix and have walked to Rainbow Beach from the cruise port. Where is Sand Castle in relation to Rainbow? Is in on the same road and how long would it take us to walk to Sand Castle? Is Sand Castle part of a community?

Sandcastle is South of the pier, Rainbow is North of the pier. Yes it is on the same road. Please do not walk to Sandcastle. Take a taxi, they are cheap and fast.

Not sure what you mean by "part of a community", it's a beachfront hotel and restaurant.

Drake2014: Can we walk to Sandcastle from the cruise pier? How long would it take? Can you give us some kind of directions. Also, if we decided to take a taxi, how much would that be for two of us?

We have been to Rainbow a few years ago and now would like to try Sandcastle. You have been most helpful with others on this thread. Thanks, Carol

No you should not walk to Sandcastle, please take a taxi. The taxi will be $10 or less for the two of you. Come off the pier and turn right, about a mile on the other side of town is Sandcastle.

Drake, I believe we have been in touch before, and I have a couple questions.

We will be in St. Croix a month from tomorrow by ship. You or someone mentioned Sweet Bites a bakery. Is it too early to find out if they will be open that day? I also heard there is a bakery about 6 blocks from the pier, if Sweet Bites is not open, is that correct?

Beaches (these are from notes that I took in the past) are Sandcastle, Frederisted and Freedom City. Which would you recommend for two older ladies that just want to "lay" on the beach and nothing else. If we took a Taxi, which would be the cheapest to go to?

No you should not walk to Sandcastle, please take a taxi. The taxi will be $10 or less for the two of you. Come off the pier and turn right, about a mile on the other side of town is Sandcastle.

Drake, thanks for getting back to me. We have walked to Rainbow from the port a few years ago. And it did not seem long to us. Would you say Sandcastle is about the same distance from the port?

Drake, I believe we have been in touch before, and I have a couple questions.

We will be in St. Croix a month from tomorrow by ship. You or someone mentioned Sweet Bites a bakery. Is it too early to find out if they will be open that day? I also heard there is a bakery about 6 blocks from the pier, if Sweet Bites is not open, is that correct?

Beaches (these are from notes that I took in the past) are Sandcastle, Frederisted and Freedom City. Which would you recommend for two older ladies that just want to "lay" on the beach and nothing else. If we took a Taxi, which would be the cheapest to go to?

I'll call SweetBites for you tomorrow Beshears and let you know.

Sandcastle will be great for you, figure $5 in a taxi.

Drake, thanks for getting back to me. We have walked to Rainbow from the port a few years ago. And it did not seem long to us. Would you say Sandcastle is about the same distance from the port?

Yes it's roughly the same distance, it's just a narrow road and I see cruisers walking in the middle of the road taking pictures on ship days. Please just be safe and take a taxi.

Drake, once again, thanks for letting me know Sweet Bites will be open. We plan to check them out on Monday, April 4th.

I ask about Frederick or Freedom City Beach's, but you mentioned Sandcastle. Is Sandcastle a better beach then one of these?

Drake, once again, thanks for letting me know Sweet Bites will be open. We plan to check them out on Monday, April 4th.

I ask about Frederick or Freedom City Beach's, but you mentioned Sandcastle. Is Sandcastle a better beach then one of these?

Beshears I thought we had already settled that, Sandcastle is much more peaceful and calm on ship days and I think you would enjoy that. It's about a mile south of the pier, right on the water.

• 3 weeks later...