Sandcastle or Rainbow Beach?

tamilyn

• 3 weeks later...
We will be in St Croix on a Sunday in November.

How is the snorkeling at Sandcastle?

Also, we love hunting for shells and beach glass. Would we be likely to find some at Sandcastle? Thanks!

Last weekend it was spectacular! Saw two seaturtles and a lot of fish.

I've never had a bad day snorkeling at Sandcastle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Last weekend it was spectacular! Saw two seaturtles and a lot of fish.

I've never had a bad day snorkeling at Sandcastle.

Where is the best place to snorkel at Sand Castle? It wasn't great the day we went but we enjoyed the day and the beach so much, even though we got rained out, that we want to return this year.

Edited by Agutaya

Where is the best place to snorkel at Sand Castle? It wasn't great the day we went but we enjoyed the day and the beach so much, even though we got rained out, that we want to return this year.

If you step off the patio and turn left (away from the ship) you'll find some decent snorkeling in that direction. It gets better the closer you get to the condos if you can swim that far.

If you step off the patio and turn left (away from the ship) you'll find some decent snorkeling in that direction. It gets better the closer you get to the condos if you can swim that far.

Thanks, Drake. I'll try there in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Drake,

Is it an unsafe (i.e. seedy) walk to Sandcastle?

"Sandcastle is South of the pier, Rainbow is North of the pier. Yes it is on the same road. Please do not walk to Sandcastle. Take a taxi, they are cheap and fast."

Drake,

Is it an unsafe (i.e. seedy) walk to Sandcastle?

"Sandcastle is South of the pier, Rainbow is North of the pier. Yes it is on the same road. Please do not walk to Sandcastle. Take a taxi, they are cheap and fast."

Not seedy, just narrow with no sidewalks. We like to drive fast on the beach road and it would be safer for everyone if there weren't hordes of people trying to walk along it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I believe you should get an email yes. Might want to call them to confirm.

Hi, Drake,

untill now we didnt get any response from Sandcastle Beach. I emailed them twice :(

A call from Germany to St Croix seems to expensive :)

Hi, Drake,

untill now we didnt get any response from Sandcastle Beach. I emailed them twice :(

A call from Germany to St Croix seems to expensive :)

Please everyone keep in mind that the Sandcastle Hotel sold in December to new owners.

So far I have been very pleased with them but I do imagine that things are a bit hectic during the transition. You may never get an email back, just show up when you get here and remember to smile, it'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had the same question about Sandcastle, link is still dead and using email contact info from their main site got me no response. Was considering turning left once off the pier and walking down the beach until I find some chairs and an umbrella to rent....Sandcastle sounded great, but my goal is some sand, sun, and perhaps a cold drink.....Drake will that work or should I jump a cab to Rainbow beach and Rhythms?

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to be warned about this situation. I've just emailed them to make sure that there will be no surprise in april .

Waiting for there response and is the price for the day pass the same ?

Including the same stuff ?

• 2 weeks later...
Had the same question about Sandcastle, link is still dead and using email contact info from their main site got me no response. Was considering turning left once off the pier and walking down the beach until I find some chairs and an umbrella to rent....Sandcastle sounded great, but my goal is some sand, sun, and perhaps a cold drink.....Drake will that work or should I jump a cab to Rainbow beach and Rhythms?

Sorry, just going back through this thread and saw I missed this post. That could work for you, the first thing you'll hit is Freedom City and they'll take good care of you.