President's Butter

dan40

Just noticed Kidless posting, first time in a while that I've noticed her posting. She may have been on the board all along and I just didn't notice. But she asked about the fancy butter. Has anyone noticed or asked for President's butter lately. Our last Carny cruise was Sep. last year and if I asked for it, they didn't have it. But I think I just didn't think to ask. [We were too busy avoiding 3 hurricanes]

For those that never tasted President's Butter, you missed out. It was the best ever. Probably way too expensive, so its probably gone to the great churn in the sky.

Dan

I buy President brie quite often, but have not seen the President butter in any stores in quite awhile. When I did, it was in the gourmet section of the larger grocery stores. I haven't seen President butter served on any cruise ship in a couple of years. It's quite pricey, so I can see why.

I have found President Butter in most of the supermarkets in the Caribbean.The real problem is getting it home. I guess you could keep it in the cabin fridge and then pack it in ice in a cooler bag for the trip home. Be sure to buy the unsalted if you want the true euro flavor.

Sorry I got the name wrong, I shudda noed. Found the President Brie in my local Publix. Mgr. is also a cruiser, he tried be he couldn't get the butter.

Tef43, while the President butter foil paks have not been on the table or in the bins on the Lido buffet, it was available until 03 , but you had to know to ask for it. As I said above, last cruise, I think I forgot to ask.

Dan

• 5 months later...

I was very unhappy to find no real butter on our last Carnival Destiny cruise. I read the ingredients on the little foil packets that pass for butter and didn't recognize any of the ingredients.:D

:D Maybe they ran out of real butter and picked up some other kind while in San Juan? I've never seen anything but REAL butter on Carnival cruises....and I'm a "butter afficianado".

ezbzdz,

In Carnivals buffet area there is usually a basket that has foil paks of butter and foil paks of something else [margerine?], you have to be carefull to only grab the butter paks

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How did we get from PRESIDENT'S BUTTER to Princess butter. And what is Princess butter? Is it just the butter served on Princess cruises?

PRESIDENT'S BUTTER {brand} is a flavorful rich "old style' creamy butter that evidently has become too expensive for Carnival.

Dan

Archived